2 questions

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

longbower45lb

2 questions

#1 Post by longbower45lb » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:20 pm

hey guys and girls as the title stats i have 2 question if anyone can help would be big help...

question 1
i have just brought some new arrows they are gold tip trad's 3555 and I'm going to use 4" feathers and was wondering should i use a helical or a straight feather....

question 2
I'm going to buy some broad heads for rabbits,foxes and maybe a goat or 2 can anybody give me some advice on whats the best ones to buy mechanical or just 2 blade fix broad heads and as i don't want to change my arrows all the time ill be using the same arrows for target and hunting..... cheers Jesse

longbow steve

Re: 2 questions

#2 Post by longbow steve » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi Jesse, Helical fletch looks cooler and will stabile the arrow marginally faster due to more drag.
A solid 2 blade broadhead is most suitable and usable on all game where a multi blade head will affect penetration on larger game species so why not just start and continue with a 2 blade head.
We have some Australian manufacturers that produce good heads, Tusker, Outback, Blackstump and Ribtec. All are good and will bring down the game you are after. Steve

Benny Nganabbarru

#3 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Same as what Steve said. Good hunting!
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

longbower45lb

#4 Post by longbower45lb » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:59 pm

thanks guys.....
:D :D