Arrow hitting riser

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

alaninoz

Arrow hitting riser

#1 Post by alaninoz » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:31 pm

For various reasons I haven't shot for about a month, and when I had a few shots this afternoon there was a load crack on about half the shots. I'm assuming that this was because the arrow was hitting the riser on the way through. The arrows were still hitting the mark though - or a least as close to it as I ever get.

This wasn't happening before, and it's the same bow, same arrows, same brace height, nocking point, etc. The only thing different was that I was trying to break in a new tab, and even that's the same brand and type as the one I was using.

All I can think of is that my release is a bit rough and I need to get it back to what it was before. This would seem to be supported by the frequency of strikes seeming to decrease as I continued to practice.

Is there anything else that I should be looking at?
Alan

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Arrow hitting riser

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:41 pm

It would seem it is a form issue and as you say most likely a release problem caused by the new tab.

Jeff

alaninoz

#3 Post by alaninoz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:13 pm

All fixed. Seems it was a combination of a bad release and strangling the riser.
Alan

Hiram

#4 Post by Hiram » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:47 pm

This is a common effect of changing from a glove to a tab. The tab will actually, by nature of a cleaner release, stiffen your arrow. The arrow will then act stiff by hitting the outside edge of your riser if it is an "Off the shelf" set up. If shot from an elevated rest, you may see your grouping go to the left.
God created all men equal, just different.