enough bow

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

ozzy

enough bow

#1 Post by ozzy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:10 pm

gentlemen

i have a samick phantom recurve im drawing about 43#maybe a little bit more im using easton fall stalker allum arrows with 160gr broadheads total arrow weight is 478gr is this enough for pigs.... big pigs

see i have a mate who goes fishing on a property here and there are signs of a pig going to one of the dams i have been asked to rid this pig and im not sure of how big this pig is thats why im asking this question

if this is not enough bow i will use my 60#compound but i would prefer to use the curve

cheers mick

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: enough bow

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Mick,

While your setup would do the job in ideal circumstances that combo is a bit light for big pigs IMO.

Jeff

ozzy

#3 Post by ozzy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:00 pm

thanks jeff

the compound it is........ would like the curve but would rather a good clean kill not a messy one if you know what i mean

cheers mick

Gringa Bows

#4 Post by Gringa Bows » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:12 pm

like Jeff said,ideal circumstances,if you can get in real close,put a razor sharp broadhead into the boiler room,quartering away preferably you should be right.IMO

Benny Nganabbarru

#5 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:24 pm

If it's a loner, chances are that it is bigger than a ~45# tradbow can handle without much luck present.
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

ozzy

#6 Post by ozzy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:02 am

Ben Kleinig wrote:If it's a loner, chances are that it is bigger than a ~45# tradbow can handle without much luck present.

i think he is ben a lone boar i havent had a chance to put the game trail camera out yet but i think i will go the compound just to be safe

cheers mick