walking stick bow..

If you enjoy the Aussie bush and like living off what it has to offer, then you will find some great information here! Camping, Hiking, Bush Bumming and old world skills.

Moderator: Moderators

kerrille

walking stick bow..

#1 Post by kerrille » Thu May 02, 2013 10:57 am

he was something a mate put on facebook.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Hiking- ... bow/#step1

...nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

longbow steve

Re: walking stick bow..

#2 Post by longbow steve » Thu May 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Pretty clever Nev, I have been toying with the idea of making a hiking pole style bow that can be used as tent poles as well. Thanks for posting. Steve

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu May 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Clever! :biggrin:

Jeff

Gringa Bows

#4 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu May 02, 2013 11:31 pm

good idea :biggrin:

perry

#5 Post by perry » Sat May 04, 2013 7:56 am

Clever idea.

I have used my Brigalow Selfbow as a Walking Stave, particularly when crossing Gullies or Climbing or descending very steep Hills. After 15 Years of admitedly infrequent Hunts and this sort of treatment there is not even a Nick in the Bows String Nocks as the Wood is so tough. I do use a protective Cover. Kangaroo Leather Caps over the end of the Bow work Ok but they wear after a few Hunts. A good option is those rubber Bow Tip protectors. I'm too tight to buy them but occasionly find one around a Field Coarse

Earlier this week I picked up a piece of 1" Plastic Pipe with a view of capping and using it to carry Hexamine Fuel Tabs. Then I had the idea of making an internal Pack Frame made from Plastic Pipe for my new Canvas Pack. I would be able to carry all sorts of Gear inside the Frame. Then I wondered about an external Pack Frame. Properly designed it could be used to extra Carry Water - needs some more thought but using a Plastic Pipe Walking Stave encourages me, thanks for the Link

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin