Primitive Archer Magazine

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

Singlestring

Primitive Archer Magazine

#1 Post by Singlestring » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:25 pm

Whitings Warehouse is now a distributor of Primitive Archer Magazine.
We only have a few copies of Summer 2003 left but next issue will be out soon. Cost if $10plus postage. Please advise if you'd like to be on the mailing list.
It's Good Shootin Wood!
Steve Whiting.

gundy

#2 Post by gundy » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:06 pm

That's per mag I am guessing?

What about the 'Traditional Bowhunter' mag? Is it available?

American I know, but it use to be a good read none the less...

Damn it people! It's time to make an Aussie one! 8)

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:35 pm

G'day Gundy,

I agree it would be good to have our own Aussie trad bowhunting mag but the printing costs are very high. At least for something reasonable. There is hardly enough of us to cover the costs of a mag - especially a trad only one. I believe that this is the main reason there isn't one.

To have a mag you would not only need someone to put it together but it would need the support of all the trad bowhunters in this country. To be honest I just don't know if you would get this. My 2 cents worth. Jeff

gundy

#4 Post by gundy » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:32 pm

I hear ya Jeff.

It was wishful thinking said out loud.

I think the Australian trad club's newsletter is a fantastic start and look forward to many more.

This website sure does aid to the cause too I beleive.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:15 pm

I agree Erron is doing a great job with this site. It is good to have and I think it has a bright future. Jeff

Kiwikelvin

Primitive Archer Mag.

#6 Post by Kiwikelvin » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:12 am

If any of you readers are of the flightless variety (pretty good at everything else like rugby,netball, archery to name a few) i.e. KIWI's this mag is being distributed in N.Z. just email rendezvous@outdoorsnz.com
Don't be in a hurry to get nothing- adopt the pace of nature remember her secret is patience

adam

#7 Post by adam » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:27 pm

If theres not enough trad guys to support a trad only mag then hopefully theres enough of us to support the extreme bowhunting downunder mag so its half half trad and recreational bowhunting. I love reading about both if if you don't them skip to the pages you do like. I know graham(ebdu) loves trad bowhunting his even taken a red stag with the long bow. Send your stories to him and help promote traditional bowhunting in Australia just like this site. It dosn't have to be downed game it could be flint napping self bows etc I'd love to read about that stuff. Just my thoughts Adam
True Wild Range Traditional Bowhunter

erron

#8 Post by erron » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:18 pm

I second that Adam. Graham would only be too pleased to see some Trad. articles being offered for publication, i'm sure.

Erron

#9 Post by Guest » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:58 pm

Jeff,
I for one would be a definite supporter of an Aussie trad mag, in fact I can’t see why anyone with trad tendencies wouldn't be.

Often the price each issue would need to be to make things viable is put up as a barrier, I disagree, I would pay as much as any U.S. mag or more willingly for a good quality Aussie trad mag ( as I seldom buy any others any more).

Steve (singlestring), that’s a blast from the past. I had heard that Whitings Warehouse had sold out/shut down. Are you saying it's still going?

Mark K.

erron

#10 Post by erron » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:18 pm

Mark,

my feeling is it would be a money-losing labour of love for whoever did it. It's not the subs so much as the advertising that pays for mags anyway, as I have heard.

I have often thought it would be a neat idea to have a hard bound A4 size yearly 'Annual' of OZ trad. There is a Fly-Fishing equivalent that used to sell for around $20 bucks. It would be a lot more durable, being hardback, and could be sold over the course of a year, so would be more viable, perhaps.

Erron