55# Red Wing Hunter for sale - SOLD

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

Mick Smith

55# Red Wing Hunter for sale - SOLD

#1 Post by Mick Smith » Mon May 08, 2006 12:14 pm

G'day fellas

I've decided to try and sell my 52 inch AMO 55# Red Wing Hunter. I've just got too many bows. I'll have even more bows soon and I need some money to pay for them. It not that there's anything wrong with this bow, it's just that it doesn't get much use these days.

It's a right handed bow. It's in fairly good condition, there's a few minor surface imperfections, but it's structurally sound. It doesn't have any stress marks or cracks and the limbs are straight. I've been tossing up whether or not to refinish the bow, but seeing as it's in pretty fine shape, I've left it as it is. It shoots really well.

I'm not looking to make a profit on the bow. I paid around $200 for it on US ebay, so I'll be happy to sell it for the same amount. It has an almost new dacron flemish twist string.

Mick
Attachments
cropped RWH on pine stump.JPG
cropped RWH on pine stump.JPG (181.91 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
Last edited by Mick Smith on Mon May 08, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mick Smith

#2 Post by Mick Smith » Mon May 08, 2006 4:21 pm

If anyone's interested, I'll throw in a dozen Silverwood arrows with the bow. 6 with Tusker Spirit broadheads and 6 with 100 grain field points. The only catch is they are only 28 inches long to the rear of the points.

These arrows shoot really well from this bow. They are the ones you can see in the photo above.

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Buford

#3 Post by Buford » Mon May 08, 2006 5:14 pm

PM sent. :wink:
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

Mick Smith

#4 Post by Mick Smith » Mon May 08, 2006 5:47 pm

It's sold fellas. :wink:

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon May 08, 2006 5:53 pm

That was quick!!! :shock: :D

Jeff

Poppy

#6 Post by Poppy » Mon May 08, 2006 6:16 pm

That was more than quick :shock:
Hey Buford, I bought a Red Wing from "Honest Mick the Trad Bow Dealer" late last year.
You'll be very happy with it.
If you were slower I would of grabbed this one :wink:
Bring it to Gladstone I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Paul

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#7 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon May 08, 2006 6:19 pm

"Honest Mick the Trad Bow Dealer"
Good description Poppy!!! :lol:

Jeff

Buford

#8 Post by Buford » Mon May 08, 2006 6:24 pm

I'd love to poppy but I'll be headin in the other direction that weekend. Hunter valley shoot is only 3.5 hours away instead of the 8 - 10 (depending on traffic) to Gladstone. :wink:

Buford
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

Mick Smith

#9 Post by Mick Smith » Mon May 08, 2006 6:35 pm

I can't afford to own every bow I want, so I do the next best thing, I own them temporarily then sell them. I'm happy just to have owned them for a while. This is the beauty of buying and selling vintage bows, if you look after them generally you can sell them for what you paid for them, without too much trouble.

Thanks for the kind words Poppy. :wink:

Mick

archangel

#10 Post by archangel » Mon May 08, 2006 9:03 pm

:cry: :cry: Oh no ... it sure is The Quick and The Dead here on Ozbow .. too slow, you're history!! Didn't even see this one before it was gone!! Must be the delayed time zone over here in WA (mutter, mutter). Seems like half of the other trad shooters here in Australia, I am after a Red Wing Hunter as well. Oh well, just have to try and loosen Mayland's hold on one of those little beauties he has been collecting this year.