New bow

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

fil

New bow

#1 Post by fil » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:31 am

This bow is the most succesfull from my list on sale in my traditional archery centre in Italy: http://www.e-archery.it
Because I'm projecting to migrate into Australia, I'm wondering if it could be succesfully sell there too.
It is a 62" or 58" recurve with Bubinga or Shedua riser, Black fiberglass limbs, it carry fastflite string and shoot very fast and accurate. it is sold here for 400,00 A$ taxes included and, as far for my knowledge, there is not a better bew for quality/price relation.
Do you think it would be a good idea to take some with me to sell in Australia? Which are the preferred bow weights? How do you feel the name sound in English "PICCHIO" ?
Many thanks for your help,
Fil
Attachments
Picchio_riser.jpg
Picchio_riser.jpg (31.01 KiB) Viewed 2851 times
My traditional archery centre: http://www.e-archery.it/

hellier

#2 Post by hellier » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:45 pm

Very nice bows you got there fil...I notice there's not much about draw wieghts...how many pounds is always a thing to consider here....I don't know also about the selling side of things...you'd need to check with the government about taxes and so on...import duties etc. But I would not be put off bringing some over if you can...wether they sell or not I know many people will be intersted in trying them at a shoot, me included :D
I'd love to have a battle of wits with you.....but you appear to be un-armed.....

Mick Smith

#3 Post by Mick Smith » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:35 pm

Fil

It's a nice enough looking bow. I like the little chamois's head (?) on the riser. 8) I also like the fact the riser's are made of quality timbers such as shedua and bubinga. I feel they would sell slightly better if they had clear glass on the limbs as opposed to black. For around $400, there's not many bows available in Australia that could even compare with it.

Australian traditional archers generally seem to think they need a bow of 60# to be able to successfully hunt most species, of course this is not entirely true, common perceptions seem to persist though. A range of draw weights of between 45 and 70 pounds would cover most requirements, but draw weights between 55 and 60 pounds would be, by far, the most popular. I believe the 58 or 62 inch AMO lengths would be the most popular length recurve bows in this country.

In short, I believe they would sell quite well in this country, particularly after enough time has been allowed for the word to get around from happy and contented owners to prospective buyers.

Good luck with your move to this country. There is a severe lack of traditional archery tackle outlets here, most people buy by mail order from the US. It would be great to be able to buy more gear locally.

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

fil

#4 Post by fil » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:33 pm

Thanks Mick, your informations will be of help.
A clear glass version is under production, with bamboo limbs and rosewood riser but the price will be a little higher.
Here the real hunting is very difficoult and the most of archery enjoy traditional archery in competitions at most, so the everage bow weight is 40-48#. Could you let me know something about your competitions? what is the first association under which the most suitable competitions for T.A. are organized? Which are the rules? (i mean point weight, arrow material, target distances, etc)
Thank you, Fil.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:25 pm

Fil,

I second what Mick has said. I think these bows look great and would sell well. I think weights in the 40 - 60 pound range would be the most popular but some heavier ones for hunting also.

For information regarding shoots see your other thread.

Jeff

fil

#6 Post by fil » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:50 pm

What I can do is to offer a special price to OZBOW friends to see if someone is interested to have one and use their opinion to organize the future of this matter.
I can offer prices as follows:
About the PICCHIO recurve basic model "hunter" we could call it, it comes with Bubinga or Shedua riser and limbs with ash wood and black fiberglas. (this black European fiberglass have really great performances, even if not nice as clear, the bow shoot very fast). This one will be about around 370,00A$ shipping included.

A new version is close to be ready with a "PLUS" in material and look: The riser is same shape but made in Rosewood with the logo inlayed in lighter colour wood, the limbs are in bamboo under clear fiberglass and this could be about 640,00A$ shipping included.

A LONGBOW picchio is also available, it comes with elm limbs, clear fiberglass, venge' handle (you can see a picture on site) and it could be about 400,00A$ shipping included.

If someone is interested let me know.
Ciao
Fil

clinglish

#7 Post by clinglish » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:11 pm

Welcome to the site ,Is that your archery shop ?
Bowhunting (Hunting for Bows)
Known Carrier of "Fox Bow Fever"

fil

#8 Post by fil » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:20 pm

yes it is, but not for longer jet because i decide to migrate in Australia!!

clinglish

#9 Post by clinglish » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:25 pm

Bring some of those fox bows with you >I have a custom fox longbow and I would love to get a breed and high sierra to match
Bowhunting (Hunting for Bows)
Known Carrier of "Fox Bow Fever"

Mick Smith

#10 Post by Mick Smith » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:25 am

Fil

Your $370.00 deal on the PICCHIO or Hunter T/D recurve sounds very enticing indeed, especially so, because it even includes postage. If I was in the market for a new bow, I'd buy one in a flash. As it is, I can't really justify owning 8 traditional bows. It's hard enough now explaining to the wife why I needed the last one. :? 8) :)

Good luck with your offer, it sounds very generous to me. :D

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

fil

#11 Post by fil » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:22 pm

Thank you Mick
The only solution I found to this problem have been to open a shop.... so I can own as many bows i wish....
Good shooting,
Fil