Two x Red Wing Hunters for sale

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

Mick Smith

Two x Red Wing Hunters for sale

#1 Post by Mick Smith » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:00 pm

I'm toying with the idea of selling off my two Red Wing Hunters. I want to buy another Chek-Mate bow and I need some money, plus I've simply got too many bows at the moment.

The thing is, I need to sell them both in order to have enough money to buy the new bow. If I just sell one, I won't have enough money and I'll just own one bow less.

Anyway the first one is a Red Wing Hunter recurve (by Head Ski Company). It's 58 inches long AMO. It's draw weight at 28 inches is 56 lbs.
Like all the Red Wing Hunters that I've seen, it has brown fiberglass laminated limbs. It also has the quiver attachment holes. This bow is in really tip top shape. It has nothing wrong with it at all, other than a few very minor scrapes that are purely cosmetic. I don't believe it has had very much usage at all. It seems to have the original arrow rest still on it. The bow has not been refinished. It is original in every respect. There are no cracks or blemishes in the limbs at all. No twist what-so-ever. I'd give this bow a score of 9 out of 10 for it's condition. It comes with a near new flemish twist string and Wooly Whisper silencers. All in all, it's a fantastic bow. I am asking $250 for it (which is exactly what it owes me).

The second one is also a Red Wing Hunter recurve (by AMF). It's 52 inches long AMO. It's draw weight at 28 inches is 55 lbs. It is the same colour and design as the other bow above, except it's the 52 inch version. Condition wise, it's not quite as good as the first bow, but it's still a ripper.
It's in fine condition. There are a couple of extremely faint straw like marks in the surface finish of the limbs on one side only. They go across the limb from edge to edge in one small section. They are bearly noticable and I believe them to be purely cosmetic. This bow has had very little use also. The top limb has the very slightest amount of twist. If you didn't know what to look for, you'd never know. It's very close to being perfect. At one stage of this bow's life, it has had a few drops on something spilt on it. Whatever the substance was, it has partly eaten through the finish in a couple of places. This has taken place on the riser mainly, but there is one spot on one of the limbs. Once again this is purely cosmetic and bearly noticable. I just want to make everyone aware of the exact condition of these bows. I'd score this bow an 8 out of 10. This bow also comes with a string, but it's a plain dacron string. I'm asking $200 for this bow (once again this is what the bow owes me, I'm not trying to make money on the deal).

So, if you're looking for one or two cheapish but excellent quality and condition bows, these ones will not dissappoint you. If I had any other way of raising some money to buy this new bow, I'd be keeping them.

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

MrRecurve

#2 Post by MrRecurve » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:07 pm

Sorry mate, I accidentally deleted that post! Ill take the short one, thank you very much!
Walk softly and carry a bent stick............

Mick Smith

#3 Post by Mick Smith » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:08 pm

Geeze mate, that was real quick!!! :shock: I'll PM you with my bank details. I've just got to find what they are. :)

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Mick Smith

#4 Post by Mick Smith » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:28 pm

Here's a photo of the remaining Red Wing Hunter. It's a right handed bow. It's 58 inches long and 56lbs @ 28 inches. It's in remarkable condition and only has a few minor blemishes. It's a steal at $250.

Mick
Attachments
Scan0012.jpg
Scan0012.jpg (43.12 KiB) Viewed 1903 times

MaylandL

Oh Buggah!

#5 Post by MaylandL » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:50 pm

G'day Mick

I hope your new checkmate will give you as much joy as your Red Wings.

Sooo many bows sooo little time...This is so tempting but unfortunately I'm not able to take the other off your hand as I have two on order from Grozer Archery. Between Anysia and myself the "litter" will grow from 5 to 7 bows!

For anyone wanting a excellent vintage recurve, I recommend the Wing Red Wing Hunter. I love shooting the vintage Wing bows so much that we have 3 Wing Falcons and 1 Red Wing. They are an absolute joy to shoot - stable, smooth, powerful, maneuverable. I can see why they were such a popular bow.

Happy shooting everyone :)

Mick Smith

#6 Post by Mick Smith » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:07 pm

MaylandL

You're absolutely right. I have totally enjoyed owning and using these two Red Wing Hunters. I've sold the 52 inch one to MrRecurve already and that's fine.

I decided to take the 58 inch one into the backyard tonight for a couple of shots. It shot so beautifully and so predictably, I got to wondering "why on earth am I selling it". It really is a fantastic bow. I think I'll hang on to it. I don't know what came over me. :?

I'll find some other way of financing the new Chek-Mate. Maybe if I look at the wife with big cow like eyes and explain to her just how much I need yet another bow, she might relent a bit and cough up some money towards it for Christmas. :D Who knows.

Mick

MaylandL

#7 Post by MaylandL » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:21 pm

Mick Smith wrote:MaylandL
It shot so beautifully and so predictably, I got to wondering "why on earth am I selling it". It really is a fantastic bow. I think I'll hang on to it. I don't know what came over me. :?

... Maybe if I look at the wife with big cow like eyes and explain to her just how much I need yet another bow, she might relent a bit and cough up some money towards it for Christmas. :D Who knows.

Mick
:lol: Good luck. I find chocolate, flowers, dinner and champers works pretty well. Also the fact that Anysia likes trad archery as much as I do helps.

You're right; the Wings are very reliable bows. Also a forgiving bow especially for beginners.

Happy shooting :)