46# Red Wing Hunter Recurve bow SOLD

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

Mick Smith

46# Red Wing Hunter Recurve bow SOLD

#1 Post by Mick Smith » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:33 pm

I'm selling one of my Red Wing Hunter bows, because I'm trying to get some money together as a deposit on a new chek-mate bow.

The Red Wing Hunter is a right handed, 58 inch model. Like all the Red Wing Hunters that I've ever seen, this one is beautifully proportioned and has the prettiest timber I've ever seen in a riser. The timber is bubinga, I believe, with a very striking grain pattern with extensive fiddleback. The limbs are covered with an eye pleasing brown coloured fiberglass.

I bought this bow on eBay a couple of months ago. It had a fair few scratches on it, so I decided to refinish it. I has come up very nicely. Some of the deeper scratches are still slightly visible, but you have to look hard to find them. This bow as received had some limb twist to the top limb. I have applied some heat to the limb and applied pressure in the opposite direction to the twist until it cooled down. The last time I strung the bow, I couldn't detect any twist what-so-ever after this treatment.

This bow is a very sweet shooter. It's a pleasure to shoot. It's beautiful to look at too. Unfortunately, I don't own a digital camera so I can't post a picture of this particular bow, however I do have a photo of my other Red Wing Hunter that is identical in every respect except the timber in the riser isn't in the same league as the one for sale. The timber in the riser of the bow for sale is quite a bit lighter in colour in general. The bow in the photo below is my other RWH.

I'm asking for $140.00 for the bow. It's a good cheap bow with plenty of life left in it.

Mick
Attachments
Scan0012.jpg
Scan0012.jpg (43.12 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
Last edited by Mick Smith on Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Poppy

#2 Post by Poppy » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:46 pm

Mick, PM sent.
Paul

MaylandL

#3 Post by MaylandL » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:45 pm

G'day Mick

If I didn't already have one I'd be getting this one. Who ever is lucky enough to get it is in for a treat. Redwings are an absolute joy to shoot.

Happy shooting :)