Centreshot R/H 58" 56lb recurve (now has photos) SOLD

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

Mick Smith

Centreshot R/H 58" 56lb recurve (now has photos) SOLD

#1 Post by Mick Smith » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:35 pm

I've been using this bow for a few years. It shoots well, in fact it packs quite a punch. Its reasonable smooth and accurate. I believe these bows were made in Asia in the 70s and 80s, but I don't know much about their history. The bow is actually called a "Centreshot". It has a nice riser made of two different timbers separated by thin light coloured timber line.
Overall the bow is in excellent condition, but there are some very fine "stress lines" at the top of the lower limb, but they are bearly noticable and don't seem to effect performance. The riser has been modified to make is slimmer and more comfortable by me. I didn't particularly like its original chunky features. There are no delaminations, cracks or limb twists. I don't think this bow had much use at all before I bought it.

I bought this bow in a pawnbrokers for $90. I had to buy a new string for it. I would be happy to sell it for $100 (which is what it owes me).

This would make a great bow for a new starter or as a backup bow on a
once in a lifetime trip.

If anyones interested I will E-mail a photo of it (If I can - no digital camera) ...... Mick
Last edited by Mick Smith on Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

erron

#2 Post by erron » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:08 pm

Welcome to Ozbow, Mick!

sounds like a great starting bow for someone, good luck with the sale!

Erron

Sparra

#3 Post by Sparra » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:16 pm

Gaday Mick...whats the draw length of this bow and is it right handed???

Mick Smith

#4 Post by Mick Smith » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:34 pm

Thanks for the welcome! The Centreshot is right handed. It pulls 56lb @ 28 inches. Its not a bad looking bow. It has nice grain in the timber and contrasting colours. I haven't a clue what type of wood it is though. Actually when I bought it, I planned to sand the gloss finish off and paint the whole thing in camo, and use it as a knock-about bow, but it was too pretty and I couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't mention that it has black glass over maple limbs. I've taken a few photos of it with my SLR. After they're developed I'll be able to scan them and supply pictures of it. If someone buys the bow, I'll provide a money back guarantee if they don't like it. My reason for trying to sell it - I need more room so I can buy more bows.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Sparra

#5 Post by Sparra » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:41 am

Where abouts are you Mick??

Mick Smith

#6 Post by Mick Smith » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:44 pm

I'm located not that far from Geelong Victoria. I'm about 25 kms WSW of Geelong.

Mick Smith

#7 Post by Mick Smith » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:17 pm

If you want a photo of the bow emailed to you, please send me an email, cath.mick.smith@bigpond.com and I'll get right onto it. Please feel free to make an offer if you think the price is a bit steep. It really is a good cheap usable bow.

Mick

Mick Smith

#8 Post by Mick Smith » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:53 pm

Here's a couple of shots of the "Centreshot" that I have scanned from photos. This might be messy, never done it before.

Mick

Attachments
centreshot reduced.jpg
centreshot reduced.jpg (57.47 KiB) Viewed 2443 times

Mick Smith

#9 Post by Mick Smith » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:55 pm

Mick Smith

#10 Post by Mick Smith » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:16 pm

I think my photo was a bit too large. Here's another try with a smaller copy. Hopefully, this one will be a close-up of the "Centreshots" riser.

Mick

Attachments
centreshot riser.jpg
centreshot riser.jpg (3.33 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
centreshot riser reduced.jpg
centreshot riser reduced.jpg (14.67 KiB) Viewed 2430 times