Mongol bow

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

Hood

Mongol bow

#1 Post by Hood » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:18 pm

Bow Hunting is my Passion.

My wife says it's my Obsession.

Either way I'm happy.

buzz

#2 Post by buzz » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:35 pm

I saw that, then I found this:
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=917583
when meandering around bowhunting.com after seeing the thread in the australian bowhunting website with the pics of the shattered carbon arrow in the dudes hand....

He claims to have nailed a caribou with one... (the animal, not the helicopter!)

Look nice, but pinch and stack would be interesting. Hubris,... how is yours going?

For what it's worth I've heard a good report from an SCA type of the Samick SKB asian/mongol/hun/horse style bow ~ but specifically with the higher poundage. :?
sssshhhh.... they are watching

hubris

#3 Post by hubris » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:17 am

Hey Buzz,

Sorry I haven't been posting... for some reason bigpond was blocking ozbow... I wasn't sure whether Erron had banned me :wink: ?!?! anyhow...

Yeah, I had noticed a few of those bow ads popping up around the other forums. There's a guy who opened a online shop who is reselling various asiatic/hungarian bows by different bowyers including Grozer.

I haven't heard anything about the other bowyers, but I can definitely recommend Grozer's bows. I'm finally starting to get nice groupings at 30 yards with it. It shoots really nicely, fast, and with a very straight trajectory with 600+ grain arrows, even out to 40m+. The draw is smooth, and I don't have any stacking or pinching. I LOVE it :D

On another couple of topics (sorry Erron :wink: ), I've uploaded the final pics of my quiver in my ozbow gallery. Ignore the idiot look I have on my face (in one of the pics). I was very tired after a day of digging, and came in and did the last few bits of stitching and was really chuffed.
http://www.ozbow.net/phpbb2/album_perso ... ser_id=226

Also, Butchoman, Jeff, I've started learning the Irish tin whistle, and if I can get myself a 2yr old nanny skin before I come up, I was going to try and make a couple of bodhrans so we could have some music round the fire :D http://www.ceolas.org/instruments/bodhr ... ntents.htm
Saul 'Winks at Goats' & 'Paddles from Crocs'

erron

#4 Post by erron » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:00 pm

I wasn't sure whether Erron had banned me
- never!!! :lol:

Seriousy, you're not the first with access problems lately. I suspect if anyone has upgraded to the latest version of Microsoft XP Service Pack 2 they might find a number of sites automatically banned. There is a way to go about this:

1) from the top menu go to: Tools/Internet Options
2) click on the Security tab
3) Click once on the Trusted sites icon
4) Click on the Sites button
5) Under 'Add this Web site to the zone enter: 'www.ozbow.net'
6) Click the Add button
7) Click the OK button
8) Click the OK button in the next window

and you should not have any more probems. Let me know if you do:

erron@netspace.net.au

cheers,

Erron