Recurve Bow Quiver

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

curve

Recurve Bow Quiver

#1 Post by curve » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi all - I'm after a hunting bow quiver - but a little lost as to what to get - I would like a minimum of 4 arrows and either a slip on or strap on as I don't want to be drilling holes in my riser. Obviously it needs to be rattle free and securely hold arrows with broad heads. Can you please give me your thoughts and the pro / cons of the various models you've tried. Thanks

matt61

Re: Recurve Bow Quiver

#2 Post by matt61 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:41 pm

I have both Selway and Thunderhorn and both hold six arrows, I would only buy six arrow quivers as there is little weight difference and you can all ways put less arrows in if you want.
The Thunderhorn can be put on either a longbow or a recurve where as the Selway is bow type specific. With The Selway , I recommend you buy the Quick detatch style.
Matt

stickshooter

#3 Post by stickshooter » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:54 pm

have a look at the Eagle Flight Cherokee 4 arrow quiver.
They are small & light & strap on to any trad bow you will ever own.
I have had mine for over 10 years & it has been used all the time & still is like new,repalcement hood foams are always in stock.I'v replaced mine 3 times I think.

perry

#4 Post by perry » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:08 pm

My Quivers are not for sale but a review of sorts - I bought 2 Great Northern Quivers in the late 90's a Longbow Model and the Recurve Model. The Recurve model is adjustable lengthwise. They hold 5 Arrows. Both are still in very good condition and have not given me any issue's. I can highly recommend them

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Obe-Wan

#5 Post by Obe-Wan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:49 am

Another vote for Great Northern Quivers. I also have a Eagles Flight Archery Cherokee which is a good low profile quiver, but the GN are more rigid and robust. I have both side mount (screws into the ferrells on the Grizzly) and a strap on for the '59 Kodiak. No complaints!

Cheers, Scott.

Ian Turner

#6 Post by Ian Turner » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:45 pm

I agree re the Great Northern Quivers; got a strapon for one of my longbows and I like it.
Cheers