Wanted composite horsebow

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

Instinctivelybarebow

Wanted composite horsebow

#1 Post by Instinctivelybarebow » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:15 am

45/50 lb,needs to handle 31' draw,Turkish/Hungarian style

cetan56

Re: Wanted composite horsebow

#2 Post by cetan56 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:21 am

Hi there,just saw your post/request and joined so I could reply to you.
Have you considered or seen Grozer composite bow? If you search his website you will see examples of what you want,and they are reasonably priced (currently 700 to 750 euros) and I believe they are good shooters.Anyway hope this might help

Shrek

#3 Post by Shrek » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Try Soul archery they have a good stock of bow types.Talk to Matt, a great guy to deal with!

cetan56

#4 Post by cetan56 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Hi Shrek,just a thought on your post....from what I see Soul Archery does not have true composite bows ie. horn belly,wood core,sinew back...in fact I think there are very few in the world doing these complex and time consuming bows,and they can be VERY expensive (eg starting at $2600 US ) and require long waits(eg 26 months),which is why I suggested Grozer.He does many types of bows with the top range being true asiatic composites( he calls them "Extra 111" eg Skythian Extra 111,or Assyrian Extra 1111,etc depending on bow shape).His price is more affordable ie around 750 euros(approx $1200 Aus before shipping) and is shorter wait often around 12 months,and he says all his Extra 111 composites will take a 32 inch draw,which is what the original enquirer requires.Hope this is of assistance.

Instinctivelybarebow

#5 Post by Instinctivelybarebow » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:35 pm

Thanks for feed back guys,I do agree, already been checking out grozer and have even emailed Zoltan(who I believe is the owner?)to discuss best options. Because of durability I will probably be going for a bio-composite magyar hungarian,may not be exactly the real deal but has the look but also the modern polymers and glues to stay in form longer.

GrahameA

#6 Post by GrahameA » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:42 am

Morning.

If you want a true composite Asian bow then be prepared to pay and wait or build your own. Lukas Novotny (Saluki Bows http://www.salukibow.com/)makes true composites.

Caveat - Horn/Wood/Sinew bows have their special requirement. Before purchasing it may be wise to understand them.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

cetan56

#7 Post by cetan56 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi again 'purelyinstinctive'.,glad to see you listening and also looking/appraising for yourself.After seeing price and wait for true composites 10 years ago,I thought my only option was to make my own.After books and DVD's on their construction,and obtaining set of buffalo horns and then trying to process sinew myself,I gave up...extremely involved,complex,exact work..and I could find no source of sturgeon fish air-bladder glue,which can end up being a third of such a bow apparently! By circuitous means I now have a Grozer composite which performs better than my hopes/expectations,despite a problem which may yet be it's undoing! But his bi-composites are great shooters(I have briefly shot 2 types),they look the part,and as Graeham alludes,are bit less finicky with stringing/maintenance etc although am told will still change little bit with climate/humidity etc.I beleive Zoran is not actually Grozer himself but one of his assistants(check the e-mail signoff) and good luck with their English! I sent you an e-mail and by all means contact me if you wish and I can relay my and anothers experience with Grozer and his bows,also some of the 3500 year history of these absolutely amazing bows.cheers