Turkey Feathers

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

erron

Turkey Feathers

#1 Post by erron » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:04 pm

I got a mate of mine to keep Turkeys a couple of years ago. He's from the US, so he likes Turkey meat, and it wasn't really hard to nudge him in that direction. Of course, I wanted the feathers :wink:

Now, he keeps me somewhat over-supplied at times, and he wondered if there might be a market for them. What do you think, would you pay for natural barred turkey feathers? How much for each - 50 cents, a dollar?

Just a thought, because he's thinking of scaling down or going out of them altogether, and some of us think that would be a shame :cry:

Erron

Cher

#2 Post by Cher » Mon May 10, 2004 7:55 pm

G'day Erron!
Been ages since I've had time to 'play' around on here......hope all is well - and not too cold way down there.
I've a few projects under way at present. 1st is to make a display stand for some FANCY arrows (mainly for taking pics for the mag, least that's what I tell the kids - "HAVE to do this lil job guys, it's for work! lol)
.....and of course I have to make sure Glenn Newell's instructions for arrow making are 'fool proof' :roll:
BUT.....in the course of these 'all important, work related JOBS'....would like to crest some with REAL feathers.....so....
this post is ages old - did you and your mate work out a price for the turkey feathers - and if so....how much each.....and how does this lil pighunter get her hands on some????
Cher 8)

erron

#3 Post by erron » Mon May 10, 2004 8:12 pm

Cher,

send me your snail mail addy and I'll send you some free of charge. I have a deal with my mate: I take him his special city-made coffee, he gives me feathers. I have to see him some time soon as I'm running a bit low, but will be able to send you enough to go on with, no worries.

Good to see you back on here, don't be a stranger! :)

Cheers,

Erron

Cher

#4 Post by Cher » Mon May 10, 2004 9:29 pm

Gosh....this is like a late mummy's day present (and I don't have to pay for it?? wow!)

yes, I'd love some. have to do all my 'wood work' jobs this and next week...so, guess that'll give you a couple of days haha

serious....yes, looking to get a feather cutter soon...have 'read' all the instructions etc....but one never really learns till you get your hands dirty doing it all for yourself.
Best is to send them to me at the magazine address:
Cher Lacey
Archery Action
PO Box 227
Aspley Qld 4034

live on a main road and things tend to go AWOL from my letterbox at times.
Cher
p.s. Happy to pay though if I can get a stock of them.

erron

#5 Post by erron » Tue May 11, 2004 10:52 am

I'll get them in the mail this week, Cher!

Happy to help,

:)

Erron