Istavan Toth Bows Imported and ready to kick ass

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

SoulArcher

Istavan Toth Bows Imported and ready to kick ass

#1 Post by SoulArcher » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:28 am

Hey Guys.
Soul Archer Has just become the Distributor for Istavan Toth Bows in Australia.

Big Batch of them have come in so if you would like one Feel free to pm me or send an Enquiry.

Prices are $300 Each They are all brand and with both strike plate, Horn Tips and Resin Limbs.
Some of the best bows I have ever shot and seen and they come in different colors.

One of them is a 55 Pound Symmetrical Hun Bow for the longer draw big boys. It reaches 30 Inch Draw comfortably. This one is sure to go quick.

I also have 2 of his Child Scythian Bows with 26 inch draw at 15 and 20 pounds for the little ones or for horse archery beginners. They go for $160

Thanks all!
Attachments
All The Bows
All The Bows
All Together.jpg (173.38 KiB) Viewed 4915 times
Scythian Bow Flexed
Scythian Bow Flexed
Scythian_Youth_Bow_Flexed.jpg (177.59 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
Mongolian Bow
Mongolian Bow
Mongolian_Bow_Strung.jpg (81.98 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
Mongolian Bow Flexed
Mongolian Bow Flexed
Mongolian_Bow_Flexed.jpg (186.77 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
Krim Tatar Bow
Krim Tatar Bow
Krim_Tatar_Bow_Strung.jpg (82.47 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
Krim Tatar Bow Flexed
Krim Tatar Bow Flexed
Krim_Tartar_Bow_Flexed.jpg (178.99 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
Hungarian bow
Hungarian bow
Hungarian_Bow_Strung.jpg (89.29 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
Hungarian Bow Flexed
Hungarian Bow Flexed
Hungarian_Bow_Flexed.jpg (192.33 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
Symmetrical Hun
Symmetrical Hun
Hun_Bow_Strung2.jpg (80.89 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
Symmetrical Hun Flexed
Symmetrical Hun Flexed
Hun_Bow_Flexed.jpg (176.88 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
Last edited by SoulArcher on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soul Archer
Mattia Fracassini
http://www.traditional-archery.com.au

GrahameA

Re: Istavan Toth Bows Imported and ready to kick ass

#2 Post by GrahameA » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:09 am

Soul Archer
SoulArcher wrote:Full Wooden limbs too. None of that Resin Stuff!

Can you confim this. My Toth has wood siyahs but appears to have fibreglass composite limbs -it is vsiible if you remove the leather wrap athe join of the siyah to the limb.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

SoulArcher

#3 Post by SoulArcher » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:54 am

GrahameA wrote:Soul Archer

[quote="SoulArcher"Full Wooden limbs too. None of that Resin Stuff!

Can you confim this. My Toth has wood siyahs but appears to have fibreglass composite limbs -it is vsiible if you remove the leather wrap athe join of the siyah to the limb.[/quote]
Hi there. I can go by what Mr Istavan has said which was that the limbs are made of wood. It is impossible for me to say unless i peel the leather back and wreck one of the bows.

I will pester him a little and see if I can get it out of him as It's a must for me to know. And for the price paid they really should be.

Thanks

Matt
Soul Archer
Mattia Fracassini

SoulArcher

#4 Post by SoulArcher » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:11 pm

GrahameA wrote:Soul Archer

[quote="SoulArcher"Full Wooden limbs too. None of that Resin Stuff!

Can you confim this. My Toth has wood siyahs but appears to have fibreglass composite limbs -it is vsiible if you remove the leather wrap athe join of the siyah to the limb.[/quote]

i think you may be right. I have asked him and won't hear till tonight but have searched at all his other suppliers and they all state resin limbs.... We'l wait and see.
Soul Archer
Mattia Fracassini

woodie

#5 Post by woodie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi they are nice bows. How are the Scythian Bows and what poundage are they?

woodie
may your arrows fly straight and true and your limbs return.

SoulArcher

#6 Post by SoulArcher » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:00 pm

Ok Confirmed. The Limbs are of fibreglass and resin. This was his exact reply" The limbs are of hard ash and genuine horn, the body is of resin and fibreglass" I guess it all gets lost in translation. Damn all the languages in this world!

The Scythian bows are child/youth bows or for lower draw length people or for people learning horse archery.

They are $160 and are 15 and 20 pounds.
Custom orders are taken if you want something that is not in stock.

Thanks

Matt
Soul Archer
Mattia Fracassini

GrahameA

#7 Post by GrahameA » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi Soul Archer
SoulArcher wrote:Ok Confirmed. The Limbs are of fibreglass and resin.
Thanks for that. It is not good to make false claims - ie made from wood when the are fibreglass. It has been quickly resolved and it appears to have been a mis-communication. The good thing about GRP limbs is they are hard to break and the do not continue to develop set.

If any people are consdering using these bow in AA competion - read the rules and the interpretations. FITA has decreed if the limbs have lacing on the belly side then you cannot use them in the Barebow Division - I don't make the rules I just suffer under them.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

SoulArcher

#8 Post by SoulArcher » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:45 pm

GrahameA wrote:Hi Sou; Archer
Thanks for that. It is not good to make false claims - ie made from wood when the are fibreglass. It has been quickly resolved and it appears to have been a mis-communication. The good thing about GRP limbs is they are hard to breal and the do not continue to develop set.

If any people are consdering using these bow in AA competion - read the rules and the interpretations. FITA has decreed if the limbs have lacing on the belly side then you cannot use them in the Barebow Division - I don't make the rules I just suffer under them.

I was not trying to make false claims. I wouldn't do that and I believed that they genuinely were as per his email. As for the rules... well I can't do anything about it. If you want to compete with them remove the lacing and leave the leather. Lol what a stupid rule.

Thanks for letting me know.

Matt
Soul Archer
Mattia Fracassini

woodie

#9 Post by woodie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Thaks for letting me know.
woodie

SoulArcher

#10 Post by SoulArcher » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:39 am

woodie wrote:Thaks for letting me know.
woodie
Not a problem.

When i do my next order I can get one of the poundage you want if you are interested?
Soul Archer
Mattia Fracassini

woodie

#11 Post by woodie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:33 pm

Thanks but not now, I will let you know.
woodie

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#12 Post by greybeard » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:34 pm

SoulArcher wrote:
GrahameA wrote:Hi Sou; Archer
Thanks for that. It is not good to make false claims - ie made from wood when the are fibreglass. It has been quickly resolved and it appears to have been a mis-communication. The good thing about GRP limbs is they are hard to breal and the do not continue to develop set.

I was not trying to make false claims. I wouldn't do that and I believed that they genuinely were as per his email. As for the rules... well I can't do anything about it. If you want to compete with them remove the lacing and leave the leather. Lol what a stupid rule.

Thanks for letting me know.

Matt

The ruling has been around for more than four years.

Nominate in the correct division and you won't have any issues.

INTERPRETATIONS:

FITA CONSTITUTION AND RULES
Book 2, Article 7.3

A question was raised by a Member Association on the legality of the bow common known as the ‘Hungarian Horse Bow” (see attached pictures)
The Constitution and Rules Committee finds the question presented to be within terms of reference of the Technical Committee.
The Constitution and Rules Committee has determined that the following Interpretation of the Technical Committee is not contrary to the existing rules or Congress decisions.
Response from the Technical Committee:
Please note that there are several styles of the Hungarian Horse Bow on the current market. For this reason, all
Hungarian Horse Bows cannot be considered equal in the division they would be allowed.
It is the official opinion of the FITA Technical Committee that the Hungarian Horse Bow is legal in the Recurve Division, and in some cases in the instinctive Division (under 3D archery) and in the Barebow Division.
With regard to the Barebow Division and Instinctive Division, some of the Hungarian Horse Bows have on the belly side of the bow, stitching, cross weaving and other means to secure covering over the bow limbs.
Bows that are manufactured in this way would not be legal in the FITA Barebow Division or Instinctive Division due to the raised stitching and or weave that could constitute a means for aiming. However, other manufacturers or models of Hungarian type Horse Bows do not posses such marks or protrusions and therefore are considered legal in the FITA Barebow Division and Instinctive Division, as long as they adhere to the rules governing the recurve bow as used in this specific discipline.
Furthermore, there are many types of Horse Bows other than the Traditional Magyar (Hungarian) bow style. For example there are Mongolian, Korean, Assyrian, Scythian, Turkish and others of similar design. Virtually all would meet the specifications of the rules pertaining to the Hungarian Horse Bow rule and therefore would be legal within the above parameters.

FITA Technical Committee, 26 October 2007 Approved by the FITA C&R Committee, 28 October 2008
Lacing On Static Tip.jpg
Lacing On Static Tip.jpg (50 KiB) Viewed 4722 times
Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

SoulArcher

#13 Post by SoulArcher » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:50 am

Bows that are manufactured in this way would not be legal in the FITA Barebow Division or Instinctive Division due to the raised stitching and or weave that could constitute a means for aiming. However, other manufacturers or models of Hungarian type Horse Bows do not posses such marks or protrusions and therefore are considered legal in the FITA Barebow Division and Instinctive Division, as long as they adhere to the rules governing the recurve bow as used in this specific discipline.
Furthermore, there are many types of Horse Bows other than the Traditional Magyar (Hungarian) bow style. For example there are Mongolian, Korean, Assyrian, Scythian, Turkish and others of similar design. Virtually all would meet the specifications of the rules pertaining to the Hungarian Horse Bow rule and therefore would be legal within the above parameters.

FITA Technical Committee, 26 October 2007 Approved by the FITA C&R Committee, 28 October 2008
Lacing On Static Tip.jpg
Daryl.
Thanks Daryl. Funny rule but what can one do. As you said we can suffer the rules. I would love someone to teach me how to aim with the stitching. I wouldn't know where to start. :biggrin:

Thanks again for the tip!

Matt
Soul Archer
Mattia Fracassini

Jhoneil

#14 Post by Jhoneil » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Yikes! Those siyahs are way overbuilt. These bows must have bad handshock. What arrow speed are you getting?
Cast in the name of god... ye not guilty

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#15 Post by greybeard » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Jhoneil,

I had the opportunity to shoot a Toth bow a few years ago.

Apart from the siyahs I believe the leather on the limbs slows the bow down.

Pound for pound my selfbow was as good as if not better than the Toth using matched arrows.

Unfortunatly a chronograph was not available at the time.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

SoulArcher

#16 Post by SoulArcher » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 pm

Jhoneil wrote:Yikes! Those siyahs are way overbuilt. These bows must have bad handshock. What arrow speed are you getting?
Hi there jhoneil.
It may look that way but the hungarian and krim tatar have very smooth release and nearly 0 hand shock. The Mongolians and Hun Bows on the other hand have more hand shock because of those ridges that hit the string(or the string that hits the ridges) making arrow speed significantly greater then the other 2. I would love to tell you the speed I achieve but have no way in measuring it. If you know anyone that sells speed guns or speed indicators for cheap I would love to know. But at the moment I have no budget for investing in something like that(unless cheap :surprised: )

You can take a look at this brochure to see what the stats of these bows are.

Thanks

Matt
Soul Archer
Mattia Fracassini

kerrille

#17 Post by kerrille » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:02 pm

i bought a toth bow 5 years ago 57# mongol ,i found the hand shock to be extreme and it was very slow shooting 550grn arras under 160 fps .i also found it quiet heavy to carry in the bush while hunting.

...nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

SoulArcher

#18 Post by SoulArcher » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:03 pm

greybeard wrote:Jhoneil,

I had the opportunity to shoot a Toth bow a few years ago.

Apart from the siyahs I believe the leather on the limbs slows the bow down.

Pound for pound my selfbow was as good as if not better than the Toth using matched arrows.

Unfortunatly a chronograph was not available at the time.

Daryl.
Hi GreyBeard.
I don't believe the leather slows it down as much as the wooden limbs on your selfbow would have more power then resin. If the leather was there with full wood limbs I am sure you would not get any performance difference.
The bows in the end are created differently and for different purposes which in the end all end up been to Shoot them and have fun!

thanks for the input everyone! :biggrin:
Soul Archer
Mattia Fracassini

SoulArcher

#19 Post by SoulArcher » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:07 pm

kerrille wrote:i bought a toth bow 5 years ago 57# mongol ,i found the hand shock to be extreme and it was very slow shooting 550grn arras under 160 fps .i also found it quiet heavy to carry in the bush while hunting.

...nev...
Hi Kerrille.
The mongols do have a bit of handshock but if you compare it to other bows similarly made in the Hungarian methods/looks you will find I believe that the performance is superior.

They are a little heavier then the bows from other manufacturer that look the same but they also have heavier leather work and padding on the handle.
Still light like a feather compared to some compound and recurves I have shot.

Thanks for the comment and keep on shooting :smile:

Matt
Soul Archer
Mattia Fracassini

denny

#20 Post by denny » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:56 am

Can u get these in 70#