Broadheads for trade

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

Broadheads for trade

#1 Post by Bill » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:07 pm

:smile: Hello as a number of you already know, I enjoy collecting boadheads and I'm trying to put together an all Australian display. At the moment I'm looking for some broadheads called "Scorpion Hunter 2", made by Rudy Sendihofer, Rudy made four different two blade heads.
Also a broadhead called "Ballaris", a two blade head made by Tony Cassanelli way back in 1972.

I will trade for any that anyone may have.

Or do you have a broadhead that you believe is an all Australian head that needs to added to the list, please contact me and tell me all about it.

I am also willing to trade for any broadheads that have broken blades. All you need to do is give me a call on 0458084493 and let me know what you have and I'll tell you what I have in exchange. (a head for a head)

clinton miller

Re: Broadheads for trade

#2 Post by clinton miller » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:08 pm

i have 2 tusker concordes that weigh 125gr. i believe the only 2 left in the world. ron at KME sharpeners traded them for some blackstumps to try on his system. they are 125gr on 125gr adapter. right wing single bevel.
pm if interested.
The degree of satisfaction gained from the accomplishment of a goal is directly proportional to the hardships and challenges overcome in order to achieve it.

border black douglas recurve 70# & 58# HEX6-H BB2 limbs
brigalow selfbow with rawhide string

Sparra

#3 Post by Sparra » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Hey there Bill...I have some old glue on's that you are welcome to if you want them...They came on some old arrows I picked up and would be more than 20 years old I would think...Just about worn out but may be ok for display purposes...Let me know...

Cheers...Sparra
Cheers...Sparra

There is always someone doing it tougher than you...

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Bill » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:40 pm

hi Sparra, and thanks for the offer, I have sent you a pm.

Bill

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by greybeard » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi Bill,

I have an old broad head that I believe was produced in Australia for Vince Hamilton who at one stage was making longbows and recurves.
Vince Hamilton Broadhead.jpg
Vince Hamilton Broadhead.jpg (47.82 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
Possibly it could have been made by Glen Verrell. I got six of them some twenty five years or so ago so the one I have left may be the last one in captivity.
It is not in mint condition but if you are interested pm me your address.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

longbowinfected

#6 Post by longbowinfected » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:03 pm

I have some of those Daryl. They were not originally chisel pointed.

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

Sparra

#7 Post by Sparra » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:28 pm

Hey Bill...The ones I have are the same as the ones above but in worse nick....
Cheers...Sparra

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#8 Post by Bill » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:26 pm

:smile: Hi Greybeard and Sparra, I've sent you both a pm, many thanks for your offers. ...

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#9 Post by Bill » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:14 pm

:surprised: This is a big hello to "Sparra and Greybeard", gentlemen the broadheads arrived today, a very nice surprise they were. I will give them a bit of a dust off and remount them amongst the other heads in the all Aussie display. It's beginning to be a bit of an adventure, discovering just how many traditional Aussie broadheads have been made in the past, so again many thanks ........Bill :smile:

Sparra

#10 Post by Sparra » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:17 pm

My pleasure Bill...I had forgotten about them until I seen your post...

Cheers...Sparra
Cheers...Sparra

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#11 Post by Bill » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:03 pm

:smile: Hi, I received a package today with what I believe to be a very old Davies Broadhead early 60's. Why I say old is that the ferrule runs for the full lenght of the blade from the shoulder to the tip. I have one other head very much the same but the ferrule is just a little bit shorter and I only have ever seen a picture like this one in a broadhead collectors magazine. :surprised: The problem is that I don't know who sent it because the post markings are so unclear and distorted.
8) So to that person who sent me this great head I thanks you so very much.
And to those that I have and can identify, please accept with my thanks...........Bill