anyone looking for a cheap beginers longbow?

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

Buford

anyone looking for a cheap beginers longbow?

#1 Post by Buford » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:23 pm

saw this on ebay today, would make a good bow for someone to learn on. low pounds (45lbs). i aint sure of the quaility, maybe someone out there can fill me in on its likely origins?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 76336&rd=1

be quick though, 8 days to make a bid! :wink:

cheers
buford
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

erron

#2 Post by erron » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:16 pm

Never heard of the make, but how the heck did they get that up on Ebay, who have a strict 'no bows' policy?

:o

Erron

tracker

#3 Post by tracker » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:53 pm

Erron,

FYI, Ebay don't police their listings..

ie: if no one complains then they do NOTHING!

Buford

#4 Post by Buford » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:53 pm

erron,

i am a regular user of ebay and have sold 2 compounds on there. in the hunting section of the sporting goods category there is usually at least one bow for sale at any one time.
look at the US ebay site and there is a whole category dedicated to archery, (with alot of good trad gear no less). so maybe whoever informed you of a no bow deal was missinformed? :?

tracker,

ebay do police them in a way, they have a auto search that checks your listing when you submit it. it just looks for specific words like Adult, 18+ and the like. it ts then submited for review, and either passes or is pulled. i know this because i have tried to sell some things containing adult material and 3 days later they have been pulled. Apart from that, yes it takes a complaint for a review to take place.
As for resposne to complaints... i have no experience with dispute resolution. i have %100 positive feedback.

cheers
buford
Last edited by Buford on Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erron

#5 Post by erron » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:30 pm

Hmm, okay, mus have been misinformed. Good to hear :)

Erron

Buford

#6 Post by Buford » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:06 pm

erron wrote:Hmm, okay, mus have been misinformed. Good to hear :)

Erron
:wink:
its worth a quick look if your ever needing anything to do with hunting. theres alot of camo gear going through there most of the time. just be careful about which people you do business with. some of the really cheap stuff is often being shipped from overseas, just check the shipping details first or you could have a long wait. :wink:

cheers
buford

Pete

#7 Post by Pete » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:02 pm

Yeh, around the end of last year Ebay australia actually had an 'Archery' category in the sporing goods category. It only lasted about 3weeks then merged back into the hunting category. I've bought a couple of bows of ebay both Aus and US.

Pete F.