Nice weather on the bay

Photos by Members of Ozbow.

Moderator: Moderators

bigjimaus

Nice weather on the bay

#1 Post by bigjimaus » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:51 am

I took these from Macleay island in Morton bay looking at the sun rise over Stradbroke during the Easter weekend. The mangrove tree is probably the best photo i have taken to date.
Attachments
DSC_0332low.jpg
DSC_0332low.jpg (105.05 KiB) Viewed 4716 times
DSC_0314low.jpg
DSC_0314low.jpg (143.3 KiB) Viewed 4716 times

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Nice weather on the bay

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:55 am

Nice shots mate. I like the mangrove one also.

Jeff

morganp

#3 Post by morganp » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:06 am

Yes, the mangrove one is good. It's hard to know what makes a pleasing photo, it's not just balance in the sense of equilibrium or we would put everything smack dead centre. I like the way this subject is up and left and especially the way the band of light sky and the lighter reflection outline the silhouette. Also the ripples match then undo the horizon line. Good art mate.

I am a crap photographer but a pretty fair artist (others say, not me). When i take a shot like yours I take six to emulate the professionals (more in hope than expectation). Sometimes you find a good shot, if with maybe a touch to the right or down or with a touch of shift in focus when taking the others, becomes an excellent shot. It is contrived perhaps but it is why we developed tools in the first place.

:geek: Or you can wait for the moment ... it's a bit like archery, 'zen in the art of'. And even the rednecks that surround us more artistic souls would agree 'it's a feeling'. They wouldn't talk about it though, they'd spit and go get a beer .... :surprised: Hmm, bit early but!

jcm

#4 Post by jcm » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:37 am

Good moments captured.
John

cmoore

#5 Post by cmoore » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:44 am

That sunset is a beauty! Nice shot!, the way that cloud is breaking up the 'aura' around the sun is really something to admire and the way it looks in the reflection is really quite beautiful to. The mangrove picture is also stunning but the sunset has my vote for favourite :biggrin: nice work

Cam
Set Happens

bigjimaus

#6 Post by bigjimaus » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:45 am

Thanks guy's I actually took that while waiting for the sun to show. I have 30 or so of the sun popping over Stradbroke but only took one of the mangrove not thinking it would look that good. Also just like my archery you have to find the target at some point and if you try enough. But usually it is when you just do it and don't think about it you do a beautiful shot :surprised: . And then stuff up the next one by trying to repeat what you did last time :roll: .

bigbob

#7 Post by bigbob » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:05 am

Have to agree great shots each has its own merits, both great to look at and admire and both evoke an emotion with the viewer.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Gringa Bows

#8 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:11 pm

Great pics :biggrin: