nothing in particular

Photos by Members of Ozbow.

Moderator: Moderators

morganp

nothing in particular

#1 Post by morganp » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:56 pm

à propos de rien
I don't carry or use a camera like Grahame A does but although I dislike the selfie brigade I appreciate the quick snap facility on a phone. Its not that long ago we all had film and waited weeks for prints!

I take picks of unusual things I see, this was a few days ago, driving home, glanced across and for a moment I though an atomic bomb had hit my place! It's a generational thing maybe, raised in the 60's.
H bomb.jpg
H bomb.jpg (156.64 KiB) Viewed 4314 times

little arrows

Re: nothing in particular

#2 Post by little arrows » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:00 pm

yes I see what you mean - our imagination always runs away with us... you sound as if you are as good a photographer as me.. :smile:

cheers
sue

I shall have a gander though my selections for a different version of "nothing in particular"

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Interesting shot. Thanks for sharing. Was it just a cloud formation or a plume of smoke?

Jeff

morganp

#4 Post by morganp » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:41 am

It was just an unusual cloud formation Jeff. For a moment I got a real shiver up my spine, I grew up when the Cold War was real.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:47 am

morganp wrote:It was just an unusual cloud formation Jeff.
It is unusual for sure. Glad you snapped a photo of it.

Jeff

morganp

#6 Post by morganp » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:08 pm

I did check for burnoffs and local fires as sometimes the smoke is white in initial ignition and/or a final hit of water. That was definitely cloud and it lifted, dissipated as I watched.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#7 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:13 pm

morganp wrote:I did check for burnoffs and local fires as sometimes the smoke is white in initial ignition and/or a final hit of water. That was definitely cloud and it lifted, dissipated as I watched.
It would have been very interesting to see. As I said it was great that you thought to get a photo of it. The phones these days are great for such occasions when you don't have an actual camera with you.

Jeff