Blood Moon

Photos by Members of Ozbow.

Moderator: Moderators

GrahameA

Blood Moon

#1 Post by GrahameA » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:43 am

Morning All.

Yesterday afternoon/evening I went out and took a couple photos of the Lunar Eclipse. I particularly wanted to get a photo of the moon rising in the Blood Red colour. On the good side I was successful in getting a photo - on the other side it was not as sharp as I wanted (probably a result of my poor focusing, next time wear glasses).

I also had the opportunity to note a few furry creatures in the twilight.
Img_0057.jpg
Img_0057.jpg (20.64 KiB) Viewed 4015 times
The furry creatures..... really long lenses are handy
Img_0038.jpg
Img_0038.jpg (49.77 KiB) Viewed 4015 times
Last edited by GrahameA on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

longbowinfected

Re: Blood Moon

#2 Post by longbowinfected » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:02 am

fuzzy bunnie to match the fuzzy moon.
How close to the rabbit were you?

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

little arrows

#3 Post by little arrows » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:39 am

Hey Kevin, I thought it was a bit early in the day for me to be drinking.... :lol:

Grahame, Thank you for the photo, if I'd known earlier it was going to happen I would have wandered outside, it was a beautiful clear evening here.

cheers
sue

GrahameA

#4 Post by GrahameA » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi Kevin.
longbowinfected wrote:fuzzy bunnie to match the fuzzy moon.
How close to the rabbit were you?

Probably 60m. The lens was my 500mm and it was handheld, late afternoon light, IS on, 400ISO - should have wound it up more.

Hi Sue.
little arrows wrote:Grahame, Thank you for the photo, if I'd known earlier it was going to happen I would have wandered outside, it was a beautiful clear evening here.
Brisbane was good however the horizon had low clouds. Last time a similar timing occured was Christmas a couple of years ago (2011) - I drove to Alex headland from Noosa trying to find somewhere that was not clouded out .... without any success. Oh well ... there will be another Lunar eclipse in 6 months - Oct 8, 2014 - this will be the second of a tetrad of lunar eclipses.. It will be good but not as good as last night.
Grahame.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

GrahameA

#5 Post by GrahameA » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:26 am

Morning All.

Another of the Lunar Eclipse. The eclipse is starting to end and the bright edge of light can be seen.
moon.jpg
moon.jpg (27.83 KiB) Viewed 3957 times
And the camera is not vibrating as much - next time take camera backpack and hang from hook on tripod as well as wear glasses.
Grahame.