Photo-buff philosophy

Photos by Members of Ozbow.

Moderator: Moderators

Sleepy

Photo-buff philosophy

#1 Post by Sleepy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:01 am

Came across the following analogy a while back:

"Life is like photography. You've got to have the negatives in order to develop". :biggrin:

Would be interested to hear any others people may have stumbled across over the years.... or better yet, come up with themselves.

Cheers!

bigbob

Re: Photo-buff philosophy

#2 Post by bigbob » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:21 pm

this is not an analogy but a rather glib utterance. " I want to die in my sleep at 100, not kicking and screaming like the passengers in my car!"
On reflection perhaps its a little insensitive, so my apologies to any it may offend.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

GrahameA

Re: Photo-buff philosophy

#3 Post by GrahameA » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:07 am

Sleepy wrote:Came across the following analogy a while back:

"Life is like photography. You've got to have the negatives in order to develop". :biggrin:

Would be interested to hear any others people may have stumbled across over the years.... or better yet, come up with themselves.

Cheers!
I have a few. My favourite is:

"Simple solutions don't solve complex problems."

And then there is the two in my signature line:

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong." Mencken
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.