Hunting NT style

Photos by Members of Ozbow.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve

Hunting NT style

#1 Post by Steve » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:08 pm

These pictures were taken when I was posted up to RAAF Tindal. I had just transferred from the ARA to the RAAF and IMO scored big time by getting posted straight to the NT. My wife thought a little differently than I did however LOL.

We met a lovely couple on our Ante Natal class and the bloke mentioned he was a teacher in one of the outlying communities and his Teachers Aide wanted to take him hunting but he didn't have any 4WD or firearms. Having both I told him I'd help him out LOL. Well as we were the only white fellas allowed to hunt out on this land we were given the tour and shown a lot of really cool stuff. One spot had the tail of a mustering chopper still stuck in a tree where it had crashed about 30 years ago.

I had doubts about hunting there as I'd hunted the local hunting blocks and only seen a handful of Buff after a lot of ground work. I wasn't disappointed with the hunting here however. In the first hour I had seen upwards of 100 Buff. I was in hunting heaven.

Well the pictures tell the story better than I can. I shot over a dozen buff and wild cattle. The community was stoked as that meant I kept them supplied with meat. It was a win win deal.

Now I've gotten back into archery I intend on making a trip back up north to see if I can bag a Buff with my Buffalo. Only seems logical to me!
Honor et amore

Hoyt Buffalo 61# @ 29"

Gringa Bows

Re: Hunting NT style

#2 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Top pics Steve,looking forward to seeing some game downed with your bow :wink:

Steve

#3 Post by Steve » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Yeah I sold off all my archery equipment before I moved up there. Stupid move. Means I have to buy it all again! But this time I've gone traditional, just to make it harder LOL. I look forward to the challenge!
Honor et amore

Hoyt Buffalo 61# @ 29"

Gringa Bows

#4 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:23 pm

Good luck mate :biggrin:

longbow steve

#5 Post by longbow steve » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:38 am

Great pics Steve, Looks like a beautiful spot. Steve

GrahameA

#6 Post by GrahameA » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:15 am

The Sooty Grunter ...... :mrgreen:
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.