Lunar Eclipse

Photos by Members of Ozbow.

Moderator: Moderators

GrahameA

Lunar Eclipse

#1 Post by GrahameA » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Evening All.

Well after being clouded out for the last couple of Lunar Eclipses I seem to have a small break tonight.
Lunar eclipse.jpg
Lunar eclipse.jpg (18.39 KiB) Viewed 1993 times
Success. This was about 8:30pm Brisbane Time.

I want a new stiffer, better tripod.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Lunar Eclipse

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Good shot mate. Taken with the 500?

Jeff

GrahameA

#3 Post by GrahameA » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:22 am

Morning Jeff.

Yes, that was with 150-500.

It was also stopped down a bit as I was hunting for good focus. I was very happy with the result in that - success. I usually seem to get the nights when the clouds come in. I am really happy with the lens and it has been a good value for money buy. Still a bit of weight to carry but lighter than the equivalent Canon.
Grahame.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 am

It was a good clear night for a change. Glad you like the lens. I would like to get a longer lens some day but not one with that much reach.

Jeff

GrahameA

#5 Post by GrahameA » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:27 am

Hi Jeff.
Stickbow Hunter wrote:It was a good clear night for a change. Glad you like the lens. I would like to get a longer lens some day but not one with that much reach.
You need one of these. - http://www.sigmaphoto.com/shop/apo-70-2 ... -hsm-sigma$1300
or, perhaps, one of these http://www.canon.com.au/For-You/Camera- ... I-USM-Lens

then again perhaps Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Lens - going cheap $1540

At those prices the Canon looks interesting. :D

------

As you know it took me a number of years to come to that choice. It all depends on what you want, how much you have to spend and how much you are willing to carry. Everything is a compromise.

What I need is not only the bits and pieces but a number of Porters to carry it all for me. Big lenses are heavy - and get heavier the further you walk. I already have had my six months of Physio after a weekend of using a big lens and learnt my lesson.
Grahame.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:50 pm

The 70 - 200 f2.8L IS II is my dream lens. :biggrin: The f4 version would also be good and a lot lighter to carry around. Although slower the new 70 - 300 f4 - 5.6L IS would be alright also. Choices, choices, but oh the money! :lol:

Jeff