Drive

Photos by Members of Ozbow.

Moderator: Moderators

GrahameA

Drive

#1 Post by GrahameA » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Afternoon All.

The Weather in Brisbane has been "Beautiful one Day, Perfect the Next" lately - if a tad damp since Wednesday. Anyhow I decided to make the most of it and went for a drive to Mount Glorious this morning for a Coffee and the pleasure of driving in the rain. The rain failed to occur through the City - it had rained most of the night and another downpower is probably due in an hour or so - and once on the range it was mostlly misty damp, drizzle and low clound. It was still a great drive. Plus it provided a photo op in some different conditions for me. :mrgreen:
brick.jpg
brick.jpg (60.28 KiB) Viewed 1667 times
And it looks good with all the lights ablaze - next time I will have to arrange a photo in heavier rain so it has a nice spray of water coming off the tyres. :mrgreen:

p.s. This is a much warmer and drier device than them there Autocycles.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Drive

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:41 pm

You old hoon you! :shock: :lol:

Yep much better in that than the bike in this weather. Easier to keep the camera dry as well. Thanks for sharing the photo with us.

Jeff

Roadie

#3 Post by Roadie » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Nice One Grahame, I to have Very Fond memories of the Mini car as well as Girls skirts Cheers Roadie.

GrahameA

#4 Post by GrahameA » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:02 am

Hi Jeff and Roadie.

Hoon! HOON! :mrgreen:

Definitely not - that is something saved for those going through their second bike in a few years. :lol:

The nice thing about the Mini - apart from it being a Mini - is it is a great "Fun Car". Note that the sunroof was cracked - the drizzle would come in if it was fully open. However, at this time of the year you can drive with it fully open with the heater full on and be warm. I often have all the windows and Sunroof open of an evening when driving to the range. In Summertime you close everything up and turn on the A/C.

Roadie - the original Mini's were great (have owned a few). The BMW version is a great car. Interestingly the standard version has better performance numbers than the old Cooper 'S'.

This version is, for me, just a great car. My wife drives it as her everyday car (only a short distance) and really likes it. It would be hard to get it off her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn_67b1j ... re=related

Mini-dom - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYr6G3upKwI

The Cooper 'S' version even keeps up with German Taxis (probably Sabine driving). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pEeyo3PWEM
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:07 am

GrahameA wrote:The nice thing about the Mini - apart from it being a Mini - is it is a great "Fun Car".
Yeah mate and the nice thing about the BMW (our second bike) - apart from it being a BMW - is it is a great "Fun Bike". :lol:

I agree this time of year can be great for driving and riding as it isn't hot and often not too cold. Much better than the stifling heat of summer. Sunday a week ago Jude and I went for a leisurely ride to Hervey Bay and had lunch. It was a beautiful day and the temps were just nice for being on a bike. :biggrin:

Jeff