New Cameras

Photos by Members of Ozbow.

Moderator: Moderators

GrahameA

New Cameras

#1 Post by GrahameA » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Afternoon All.

Not enough resolution with your DSLR - how does 36MPix sound. http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikonD800/ Canon is bound have an equivalent soon.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

TomMcDonald

Re: New Cameras

#2 Post by TomMcDonald » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:42 am

I'll stick with my $100 RB67 :surprised:
Tom

Sometimes the simplest things are the most profound.

www.billygoatbowstrings.com

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:03 am

GrahameA wrote:Not enough resolution with your DSLR - how does 36MPix sound.
Sounds alright BUT Grahame it's a Nikon. :lol:

Jeff

GrahameA

#4 Post by GrahameA » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:58 am

Hi Jeff.
Stickbow Hunter wrote:
GrahameA wrote:Not enough resolution with your DSLR - how does 36MPix sound.
Sounds alright BUT Grahame it's a Nikon. :lol:
Yeah.... However that just means that when Canon comes out with its reply it will be better. Nikon and Canon just leap frog each with their offerings.

A bit more of a Review of it is here - http://www.ideaaustralia.com/linkframe. ... d_ID=16520

Jeff have you considered selling the Cycle and buying some of this gear - http://www.phaseone.com/iq

Is 80MPix enough for everyday images...... hmm...... No! Of course not.
You will also probably need to purchase a bit more digital storage.
Grahame.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:07 am

That Phaseone system is for specific professional work and not for us enthusiasts otherwise we'd need a new hard drive each shoot. :shock: :lol:

I am quite happy with my present cameras and at 10 and 21 mp respectively they will do me for a long time. Their files, especially RAW ones, can chew up a lot of storage rather quickly as it is. :biggrin:

Jeff

GrahameA

#6 Post by GrahameA » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:41 am

Hi Jeff, et al.

New Canon 5D MkIII http://www.ideaaustralia.com/linkframe. ... rd_ID=16632
Grahame.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#7 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:03 am

Now that's a camera!!! :mrgreen: I've been watching the forums for weeks and saw they finally announced it last week. They have improved the auto focussing system which is good to see. It's not on my shopping list but it is fun to window shop. :lol:

Jeff

Siege

#8 Post by Siege » Thu May 03, 2012 11:26 pm

Most people make note of megapixels when they talk about cameras, to be honest it matters not very little. The speed of the CMOS chip, the piece of glass (lens) in front makes a very big difference, and other things.

For example I use at the moment a canon 5d mk ii with professional lenses. If you bought that Nikon which is 15 megapixels better than mine, but used a beginner lens (kit lense) then the photo on mine would be better.

If you are thinking about getting a camera first thing you need to do is think about what the camera is going to be used for. 99% of people who buy a camera would not print a image that would warrant such high megapixels, instead they are better off with a middle of the range camera and spend more on lenses.

Second being a professional photographer anyone is welcome to ask me any questions they may have if they are thinking about buying a camera. I use canon and have a better understanding of canon than Nikon, but I would be happy to do a quick look if it is Nikon you're heading towards.

The other thing is are you going to use it properly? Most people who buy a better camera than the point and shoot cameras, put the camera on auto and never learn to use it. I never take my camera off manual meaning I pick the ISP, shutter speed and f stop. If you are not going to take the time to learn the camera, don't spend big money. Cameras between 1000-2000 dollar range are good enough.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#9 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri May 04, 2012 8:02 pm

Good info Luke.

By the way, I like my Canons as well. :biggrin:

Jeff