Gladstone 20th Anniversary shoot

Photos by Members of Ozbow.

Moderator: Moderators

Nutgrass

Gladstone 20th Anniversary shoot

#1 Post by Nutgrass » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:56 pm

Well I know it has taken me to long to get these pics up. I do apologise :oops: Life is busy around here & I don't see it slowing up until the big fella in a red suit turns up to slow it down this year :roll:
No Rod..... I said the big fella in a red suit :roll:

So we attended the Gladstone Bow hunters 20 anniversary shoot at the Awonga dam site 8) I know I could speak for a couple of others, but I won't.
Geez I had a good time. Just good mates & heaps of laughs all weekend.
Big Rod & I rolled up around 6ish on Friday with Yowie already settled in & camp marked out. We set up camp with John & Rabbits rolling in not long after that :smile:
We chatted, while Rabbits told everyone at least 3 or 4 times about her first pig :wink: Anyone would have thought she was proud :shock:
Don't tell her, but we all couldn't get enough of the stories. (but don't tell Rabbits)
We all drooled over the photos from their trip & loved every minute of the stories. We learnt Big Rod had been holding out on us, he had a copy of a dvd from their trip, but had failed to share it with us :roll:

Rabbits produced a bag & said she had gifts for us Gringa crew :surprised: The anticipation was to much for some, with Yowie requiring some minor medical treatment before the show could go on :wink: Shirts were handed out :shock: Rod was sure they were red :wink: Until we turned on the white light to show him what colour they really were :mrgreen: :mrgreen: A couple of us donned them straight away, proud as punch to be decked out in the very first TEAM GRINGA uniform.

So after a long winded catch up & a few giggles, someone suggested we should maybe see how many arrows we could loose :wink: :shock: :lol:
With a torch in one hand a bow & arrow in the other, we set off in search of fun & good times :biggrin:
The we waited for the Rabbits to get her stuff together :mrgreen:

What a hoot, just shooting the breeze & having a ball 8)

We inducted a young lad Ash (I think was his name) into the Gringa fold, as he test drove a Gringa from ol' Roddy, which he ended up buying 8)

We continued until it was deemed we had enough :biggrin:

Hey Rabbits !!!!

Next morning seen a few sore heads, some that looked like they should have been sore & Blu-dog & Blu-pup turning up way to early :lol:
Blu-dog was handed his uniform & donned it with out a 2nd thought :mrgreen:

Rod modelled his

Another model shots from later in the day. :wink:

More models (Johnny longbow really loves his TEAM GRINGA shirt

SO the following photo's were taken on the range, some have a story, some don't (not really, they all do, but I don't want to bore you all)

Well some clever work from a few, saw us trick Rabbits into posing beside her photo :mrgreen: Some things just need to be captured. These is the (G) rated photo. The other 2 have some sort of sign language, which I think she was trying to communicate with me through the camera with :wink:

Hey Rabbits, did we pick on you over that weekend ? All the funny photo's seam to be of you :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
See what happens when I turn the flash on :mrgreen: It really brings the colour out :surprised: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This photo sums it up for me :biggrin: Having fun with your mates 8)

Blu-dog & Blu-pup are down here somewhere taking the shot

A couple of arrows in flight.

Image))---->Image

Blu-pup

Saturday afternoon saw the multi running pig in action. With a few hic-ups to get us going. We were soon under way 8)
What a ball, the first running pig took flight, then one of two other running pigs would then set off. Leaving the archer to quickly lock on & then get an arrow away.
To qualify, the archer must have got at least 1 arrow in a target but have got both arrows away before the last target stopped.
After each round the speed between the first target setting the 2nd target off was sped up :confused:

Somewhere amongst these, photo's were taken by possibly just about any member of the GRINGA TEAM as my camera was handed around for safe keeping as we all had a shot.

So apparently I have been nominated for the first TEAM GRINGA centre fold :shock: :roll: :oops:

With Johny Longbow giving it a Pink hot go as well

With Gringa not wanting to be left out ?

Another great photo.

Rabbits go
What are you doing over there Rabbits ???

Saturday night seen some more celebrating

Some novelty games :roll:

After we shot on Sunday we said good bye to a couple of long time members of the Gladstone club. Rod & Sue. Hope Toowoomba is fun guys.

Rod & Sue cut the 20th Anniversary cake 8)

I was given one of those looks. If you take that photo....... I am going to !@#$%!@#$%^^%$#@@#$%^*())*(&%#@#% you :shock: (My delicate ears)

We found a Groupie :surprised: :shock:

All in all, it was a very relaxing weekend, with a few arrows shot, lost & broken. But we all had fun (well I hope we did) & I personally look forward to the next time :mrgreen: (If I get invited again after this report.)

Some truth may have been stretched in the writing of this story, but it was based on a true story & like they say........ Don't let the truth get in the way of a great story :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks for reading & Thanks to TEAM GRINGA for a great weekend :biggrin:
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.
Shooters get to 50m to shoot, but only a hunter gets inside 20m to hunt.

Roadie

Re: Gladstone 20th Anniversary shoot

#2 Post by Roadie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:47 pm

A Good story gidget, Love the PINK shirts, certainly making a Fashion statement, next Pink boxer shorts. Cheers Roadie.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:29 pm

All those pink shirts is nearly enough to make a bloke puke! :shock: :mrgreen: :lol:

Looks like it was fun as usual for you lot; thanks for the story and photos. :biggrin:

Jeff

Gringa Bows

#4 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:20 am

Great pics and story as usual Gidget,................come on Jeff,you know the shirts will go well with your frilly pink undies :surprised: :mrgreen: :lol:

bigbob

#5 Post by bigbob » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:37 am

Great stuff Gidget, looks like a great time was had by all, apart from scorched eyeballs by anyone in close proximity. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Bent Stick

#6 Post by Bent Stick » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:57 pm

That Look on Alex's Face tells a story, "Mum, thats not a cake............cupcake maybe, I'm a growing boy ya know"

Always like to get up to the Gladdy crowd fgor a shoot whenever possible, just couldn't get to this one :(
If your not having fun, your doing it for all the wrong reasons

wishsong

#7 Post by wishsong » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:59 pm

looks like a fine weekend .
THanks for the pics ! The shirts are cool ...

Jayson Inglis

#8 Post by Jayson Inglis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Top photo's Gidget. You got some good photo's there.
Cheers.

karen

#9 Post by karen » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks nutgrass for putting those pics up. They were great :lol: :lol: As usual I took a flogging again, but all in good fun. Big rod should think himself privileged, there are not too many people john would wear a hot pink shirt for.
Cheers Karen

hazard

#10 Post by hazard » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Hey LB I didn't see any hot pink arras, I thought you would have gone the "Whole Hog" :razz:

LB rod 55 wrote:Great pics and story as usual Gidget,................come on Jeff,you know the shirts will go well with your frilly pink undies
:surprised: :mrgreen: :lol:
Now I do need counselling :shock: :shock: :biggrin:

Hazard
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#11 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:23 pm

hazard wrote:Now I do need counselling
Not on my count Graydon, Ol' Roddy gets a bit delusional at times as he was getting mixed up with himself perhaps as after all I don't even shoot a Gringa - thankfully! :shock: :mrgreen: :lol:

Jeff

Nutgrass

#12 Post by Nutgrass » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. Hey Ol' stickbow, Rabbits wears a TEAM GRINGA shirt as an honorary member :wink: You want me to put forward a motion for your application :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :shock:

So RE.... the photos :mrgreen: Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do better when shooting photos on the coarse ? (apart from leave my bow behind & just take the camera) Is there a better way to capture or depict the moment than what I am doing ?
Any suggestions appreciated 8)
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.

Gringa Bows

#13 Post by Gringa Bows » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:31 pm

:lol:
Last edited by Gringa Bows on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gringa Bows

#14 Post by Gringa Bows » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Cut it out Gidge ,you do a great job .... :wink:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#15 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Yeah Nuts but Rabbits is a girl and pink suits her!!! :razz: :mrgreen:

The photos are great with good variety. Perhaps you could try and sit the 5D on a target and use the remote to capture an arra or to coming towards it. :shock: :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

Jeff

Nutgrass

#16 Post by Nutgrass » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Stickbow Hunter wrote:Yeah Nuts but Rabbits is a girl and pink suits her!!! :razz: :mrgreen:

The photos are great with good variety. Perhaps you could try and sit the 5D on a target and use the remote to capture an arra or to coming towards it. :shock: :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

Jeff
Ok then, when can I pick your 5d up ? Hey, don't sit it on the target butt if ol' Moreton is around though :confused: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#17 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:23 pm

gidget wrote:Ok then, when can I pick your 5d up ?
Not a chance mate!!! :surprised: :lol:
gidget wrote:Hey, don't sit it on the target butt if ol' Moreton is around though
:shock: Now he's just gunna love readin' that one. :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: What happens in the back yard stays in the back yard hey Mort? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff

Nutgrass

#18 Post by Nutgrass » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:27 pm

I don't think so, i been sitting on that one way to looooong. I think it's time it came out.......... not to mention we seen some photos :wink: :biggrin:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#19 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff

Gringa Bows

#20 Post by Gringa Bows » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:52 pm

what photo's i didn't get any :surprised:

hutcho

#21 Post by hutcho » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:58 am

ha, just come across the post and the groupie is my old man.

I was at Gladstone over Xmas and shot a round with him and the kids, the club facilities are great (I left Gladstone in 1995)

Cheers

Hutcho

Nutgrass

#22 Post by Nutgrass » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:50 pm

hutcho wrote:ha, just come across the post and the groupie is my old man.

I was at Gladstone over Xmas and shot a round with him and the kids, the club facilities are great (I left Gladstone in 1995)

Cheers

Hutcho
He was telling us that he has been trying to get the mens club colours pink for a little while now :shock: Must be something in the water up that way :biggrin: