The Sporting Shooters Association of Australia

This is the place to post the web address or contact details for such. This will not only assist those searching for information about your Bowhunting/Archery Association, Organization or Club but it would be very helpful for those travelling around our great country and who are looking for local clubs or events to attend.

Moderator: Moderators

jindydiver

The Sporting Shooters Association of Australia

#1 Post by jindydiver » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:31 pm

http://www.ssaa.org.au/

Yes I know they aren't normally seen as an association for bow hunters, but these are the guys that are helping Garden Gnome with his appeal against his cruelty conviction.
We should all give these guys support if we can. They offer the insurance that ABA uses for it's hunting and if you are a hunter they are much bigger supporters of your pastime that any archery association.
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

ssga

#2 Post by ssga » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:50 pm

Well picked up JD.......you can be members of as many assoc as your finances allow really. Are they really fighting for a Bow Hunter (sorry I may have missed something?)

SSGA
Moving forward is relative to where you want to go?

jindydiver

#3 Post by jindydiver » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:52 pm

Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:08 pm

Jindy,

Thanks for posting this. Sorry for the late response but I have been busy and forgot to reply.

It is great that they are supporting Chris and they certainly do deserve the support of hunters.

Jeff

dawallace45

#5 Post by dawallace45 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:19 pm

The SSAA tends to consider Archery to be just another shooting and hunting sport , a number of the hierarchy of the SSAA have been and still are bowhunters , last time I talked to Bob Green [ SSAA National President ] he said the SSAA had quite a few Archers in their ranks , I've been involved with the SSAA for about 20 years now and they are a great mob to deal with , I would say that over the years of my involvement with the SSAA at least 3 out of 10 of the people I shot with had been or still were active archers and bowhunters

David

stace

#6 Post by stace » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:24 pm

This is truly a great organisation guys

Get behind those supporting us ,they DO support ALL HUNTERS

United we have a chance and the SSAA work well giving back to their members and looking to the future
stace