Repairing the Delaminated Recurve Limb

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

Dennis La Varenne

Repairing the Delaminated Recurve Limb

#1 Post by Dennis La Varenne » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:04 pm

To all,

I wrote up an account of this rather ingenious method of saving the limb of a delaminated recurved bow.

It was invented by Dave Keable of Bauple in Queensland. Jeff Challacombe helped him with the gluing part and edited my manuscript to make sure all was accurately accounted.

Dennis La Varenne
Attachments
Repairing the Delaminated Recurve Limb.pdf
(403.03 KiB) Downloaded 876 times
Dennis La Varénne

Have the courage to argue your beliefs with conviction, but the humility to accept that you may be wrong.

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES (Who polices the police?) - DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS (Juvenal) - Satire VI, lines 347–8

What is the difference between free enterprise capitalism and organised crime?

HOMO LVPVS HOMINIS - Man is his own predator.

GrahameA

#2 Post by GrahameA » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:10 am

Good Morning Dennis

Great piece.

I wish I had that the other year - ended up using a lot ingenious clamping methods and rubber bands. :D
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

The Gnome!

Re: Repairing the Delaminated Recurve Limb

#3 Post by The Gnome! » Wed May 28, 2008 9:24 am

It Appears that the link that Dennis La Varenne has posted above no longer exsists so I shall replace it on his behalf for those wishing to down load.
Repairing the Delaminated Recurve Limb.pdf