Limb bolts

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

metalhead

Limb bolts

#1 Post by metalhead » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:11 pm

If I wanted to make my own takedown where would be the best place to buy limb bolts and all the bits. Wooden riser bow.
Thanks

Alex

Re: Limb bolts

#2 Post by Alex » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:52 pm

Kart shops......sometimes lawmower shops have also....the pressure washers and the bolts.....you just need to source the inserts to attach the limbs to the riser....

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by greybeard » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:54 pm

3 Rivers Limb Bolt Kit.jpg
3 Rivers Limb Bolt Kit.jpg (72.84 KiB) Viewed 634 times
T Nut.jpg
T Nut.jpg (18.99 KiB) Viewed 634 times
When do you anticipate making the takedown bow?
Apart from the limb bolt kit it is advantageous to have drilling jig. You will also need a suitable tap and bottom tap.

I have a limb kit and all the gear on hand and I am located in Logan City.

If you are interested PM a contact number.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

metalhead

#4 Post by metalhead » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:24 pm

I'm hoping to start on it when something I have for sale sells. It will cover all my costs for the build. That might take a while with the way things are at the moment. People aren't spending a lot of money. Me included. I have found your builds on here very interesting and might hit you for tips along the way. My last attempt at bow was about 10 years ago and a complete failure. Thanks for your reply.