Craftsmen needed for Craft Display at the TAA Muster

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

perry

Craftsmen needed for Craft Display at the TAA Muster

#1 Post by perry » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:32 am

TRADITIONAL ARCHERY CRAFT SHOW at the 2018 TAA Muster

G/Day Folks, for those of you who don't know my Role on the Committee of TAA I am the Traditional Skills Officer. I am looking for wide variety of Craftsmen who would like to participate and display their Skills and items such as handcrafted Bows, Arrows, Stringmakers, Leatherwork or any other Traditional Archery related Gear in a craft display at the Muster in October at Tenterfield Traditional Archer's

It's not important that your Traditional Craft Skills are finely honed, what is important is that you are out there preserving the Skills of our forefathers and are keen to ignite the passion in others to continue the legacy of passing on Archery's Traditional Skills
TAA National Muster Flyer 2018.jpg
TAA National Muster Flyer 2018.jpg (217.45 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
If you are interested please contact me via my email address perryjackson@outlook.com.au or send me a Personnel Message

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

perry

Re: Craftsmen needed for Craft Display at the TAA Muster

#2 Post by perry » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:21 pm

I would like to add that Juniors are especially welcome to bring their Craft work along.
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

gazza

#3 Post by gazza » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:33 pm

hey perry i,ll be bringing some of my craft to add to the display ,always happy to help out, if you dont mind help from the kitchen bitch lol
The older i get the better i was

perry

#4 Post by perry » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:35 pm

I thought I was the Kitchen Bitch last Hunt Gary ? Camping7 Mate so long as our Meal has Paprika, Garlic and Mushrooms and followed by some Port while sitting around the Fire I reckon we'd be happy :Fire

Consider this a BUMP Folks, I have had 2 people contact me re displaying some of there Craft work which is bloody disappointing. I know there is a lot of you fine Folks out there with Craft to display and Skills to share. Please dont be shy or think your not good enough - I for one and a great many more of us want to see what your doing !

The Traditional Archery Australia Muster is a great event, last years Muster in Mudgee went off a treat. This Year we have brought it up to Tenterfield Traditional Archers because it's closer to major concentrations of Trad Archers - please support this Craft Event so we can showcase yours and others Skills and inspire others so we can pass on the torch of Traditional Skills !

Think outside the Box, if you have a Traditional Skill such as Flint and Steel or Friction Fire Making we need to see it, something as seemingly unrelated at making a Slow Match [ think about that before you dismiss it ] to use to light Candles, your Pipe. Think about the once every Day things like making a Pipe that Traditional Archers did to make there everyday life more pleasurable ! If you posses a Traditional Skill or Craft we'd love to see you at the Muster !
TAA National Muster Flyer 2018.jpg
TAA National Muster Flyer 2018.jpg (89.8 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
regards Perry

- Charles Darwin

perry

#5 Post by perry » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:14 pm

BUMP - the CRAFT DISPLAY at the Muster 6th and 7th of October is coming up fast now Folks

I'd love too see you bring along any of your Traditional Archery related Craft items, be they a Tanned Skin, handcrafted Bows, Arrows, a Knife you have made, bring along a part of your Broadhead collection etc.

Juniors are encouraged to bring their Traditional Archery related Craft. Juniors are key to preserving and handing on our Skills.

This year it is purely a Craft Display, no judging, an opportunity to share with us all what you have been up too. If you have a Skill you would like too demonstrate such as primitive Firelighting you'd like to share that would be great.

Please contact me so I can provide enough Table space and Shelter at Tenterfield Traditional Archer's. Your items will be secure.

regards Perry Jackson

Traditional Skills Officer.

- Charles Darwin