Four New ones

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

dawallace45

Four New ones

#1 Post by dawallace45 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Four New ones

Rod generally tells me that I should post pictures of my bows as it keeps the interest in bowmaking up but I tend to be rather slack with it , my wife works from home most days and doesn't like me in the office when she is working and just after lunch is the time I find most convenient to post with pictures , so most of my bows go with out me taking pictures of them also most of them are pre sold and the owners pick them up before I get around to it but I have a few bow that have been built in the last month or so for stock and my wife's not home so here are some pics

All bows are 68" Nock to Nock , 70" overall with 16" risers

The top bow , a 45# was made for a gentleman who had small hands and wanted a slightly smaller grip , riser is Sallie Wattle , Tulip Wood and Kwila , it has 4 laminations of Tulip wood and Black glass , unfortunately I made it for a gentleman at the end of November who had ordered it in October but when it was finished he reckoned he was broke but would have the money for me by Christmas so I held it but it seems his phone is now disconnected and I can't contact him and haven't been able to for the last month , neither can the guy who put him on to me , I do want to note that the gentleman who ordered this bow is not a member of this forum and may have a legitimate reason for not getting back to me , I think he lives out Toowoomba way so may have been washed away

Second bow is 57# , riser is Kwila and Tulip wood , , it has 3 laminations of Tulip wood and Black glass

Third bow is 54# , riser is Sallie Wattle and Tulip wood , it has three laminations of Tulip wood and Black glass

Fourth now is 54# and is a Reflex Deflex , riser is Sallie Wattle and Tulip wood . it has three Laminations of Tulip wood and Black glass , all bows have Zebrano Bamboo Tip over lays

David

Gringa Bows

Re: Four New ones

#2 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:51 pm

The bows look good Dave,i had a feeling i'de see a Deflex Reflex coming from your way.soon. :wink:

dawallace45

#3 Post by dawallace45 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Rod

Thanks

I thought I'd mentioned when I was at your place last I was doing another one , I think this one is either my 5 th or 6 th Reflex Deflex but the others have either been 66" NTN or 64" NTN , this is the first at 68" NTN

David

Gringa Bows

#4 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:06 pm

you probably did ,but before a certain bloke comes on here they're Deflex Reflex :mrgreen: :lol:

dawallace45

#5 Post by dawallace45 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Yeah , what you said

David

longbow steve

#6 Post by longbow steve » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:08 pm

They all look nice Dave, Very neat and consistent.
As Rod said Deflex Reflex, I tried to catch said bloke out with one of my latest thread titles but he didn't bite :)
Steve

dawallace45

#7 Post by dawallace45 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Steve

thanks , yeah it's no fun if he doesn't bite

David

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#8 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:06 pm

You have been busy indeed Dave. They look good. That deflex/reflex bow looks to have a fair bit reflex out near the tips. Have you got any full draw pics of them?
longbow steve wrote:As Rod said Deflex Reflex, I tried to catch said bloke out with one of my latest thread titles but he didn't bite :)
Steve
That was because you used the correct terminology unlike a lot of others. :mrgreen:

Jeff

dawallace45

#9 Post by dawallace45 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks Jeff , don't have any full draw pics , using the timer on my camera would entail reading the instructions and being male I'm pretty sure that is actually illegal here in Queensland

David

dawallace45

#10 Post by dawallace45 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Tony

thank you
What is it with you 'bow making blokes' in Qld though that makes you so submissive towards the finer of the species. Is it because you're in touch with your creative side that you're all a bit softer
Not at all sure what that means , my wife reckons that I'm a stubborn pig headed Neanderthal and not even house broke and I don't wear pyjamas , not sure what Jeff wears and not at all sure I want to find out

David

Gringa Bows

#11 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Bring the bows with you tomorrow Dave,we'll get some full draw pics for Jeff, Tony i saw Jeff with his PJ hat on, that was bad enough,especially with the face he was pulling at the time :shock: yeah when i go down to Jeffs i have to book in,just to make sure he's not doing the washing or washing up,and its an eye opener when Jude gives him a clout cause he didn't do a good job....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#12 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:28 pm

LB rod 55 wrote:Tony i saw Jeff with his PJ hat on, that was bad enough,especially with the face he was pulling at the time :shock: yeah when i go down to Jeffs i have to book in,just to make sure he's not doing the washing or washing up,and its an eye opener when Jude gives him a clout cause he didn't do a good job....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Will you ever be game to ask for a cup of coffee from me again? :lol:

Jeff

Gringa Bows

#13 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:36 pm

Matttte i dont know what came over me,it was just a joke everybody,i guess this means i get Ajax instead of coffee next time :shock:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#14 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:41 pm

Only Ajax? I can think of something white that would clean you better than that; your insides that is! :wink: :lol: Nah mate you know me, I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing. :mrgreen:

Jeff

dawallace45

#15 Post by dawallace45 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Was down in Bundaberg today and Rod took a full draw picture of the Reflex / Deflex or is that Deflex Reflex , hell Rod took a full draw picture of my Semi-Recurve Longbow

David

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#16 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:56 pm

Thanks Dave. The limbs are bending well into the handle.

Jeff

Brett Finger

#17 Post by Brett Finger » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Yah Jeff,
looks like theres a hinge thing oging on ther, or are my failing eyes tricking me??
Bretto...

Ps, your geting uglier every time i see you dave... hehehe
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

dawallace45

#18 Post by dawallace45 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Yep Brett , your eyes are deceiving you

Stirring bugger !
Ps, your geting uglier every time i see you dave... hehehe
Your just jealous cos I'm so pretty and your not ,

David