Free to good home

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

Compoundbowuser

Free to good home

#1 Post by Compoundbowuser » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:33 am

Hello all,
I’m a new member here. I mainly shoot a compound bow, though I do have a traditional now that I like to shoot as well.
I have a Bingham recurve kit from Utah, That I wish to give away to a good home.
The kit contains all the parts that are needed to make your own traditional recurve bow. Including strings and and fur for-the arrow rest. Timber, epoxy for the laminating, instructions both paper and video, and a paper template to cut the included timber for the handle.
If you want anymore info please reply to the forum or send me a private message
Thank you.

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Free to good home

#2 Post by greybeard » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:10 am

That is a very generous offer.

What draw weight did you order as this may help people decide weather they can make use of it?

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Compoundbowuser

#3 Post by Compoundbowuser » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:34 pm

I think it is 50lb I’ll have to have another look.
It is above my work working skills to do it justice

Youngbow

#4 Post by Youngbow » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:55 pm

Hi mate
I’d love to get the kit. I’ve recently made my first laminated longbow. I had a great bowyer Colin Gair of outlaw bows looking over my shoulder and guiding me.
The longbow turned out great.
So now I wanted to have a go at making a recurve bow.
I’d love to have a go at completing it. And I’d have the same bowyer looking over my work as to not stuff anything up. After I’m finnished I’d be happy to send it to you etc if you’d like to have it back and or just have it for a while or just to see and shoot the finnished product.
Give me a call.
I’m in Queensland near Brisbane.
Scott

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by greybeard » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:02 pm

Compoundbowuser wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:34 pm It is above my work working skills to do it justice
Making a laminated recurve may seem a daunting task but if you take time to think it through it is relatively easy to make a successful bow. After reading and understanding the instructions all starts to fall into place. A couple of dummy runs clamping components into the form will show any ill fitting components.

I had previously made some selfbows and laminated longbows.

Having been told by another bowyer that recurves were difficult to make I took on the challenge.

Instead of buying a kit bow I processed the core laminations and handle material. My bow limb profile was based on a 1970’s Black Widow. The epoxy was cured at room temperature.

Daryl.
Recurve Clamped Up In Form.jpg
Recurve Clamped Up In Form.jpg (129.19 KiB) Viewed 5591 times
48lb Recurve Compilation.jpg
48lb Recurve Compilation.jpg (133.45 KiB) Viewed 5591 times
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....