Traditional Harvests I,II & III.

of books, magazines, web sites, movies, whatever is concerned with Archery...

Moderator: Moderators

bear74

Traditional Harvests I,II & III.

#1 Post by bear74 » Mon May 01, 2006 9:28 am

After having these movies for some time I think they are worthy of a review. Fred Eichler is the man behind these 3 great flics which is all pure traditional, he hunts everything with a take down recurve bow and some of his companions hunt with long bows. Their harvests include hogs,moutain lion,turkey,whitetaildeer,carabou,muskox,bison,javalina, pronghorn,bowfishing,elk and bears. the footage is clear and steady, the sound is second to none this guy puts together a film and is very entertaining. I would rate it 9 out of 10 :D

BEAR
IF IT'S FERAL, IT'S IN PERIL!

danrel

#2 Post by danrel » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:03 pm

how can I set an avatar on this chat board
[size=0]Pilot James McDuigue
Angeles Australia Flight London Los[/size]

oliver

#3 Post by oliver » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:14 pm

Thanks Bear.

It's on my "To Buy" list.

Oliver.
"Archery may not be the sport of kings. But it is definitely the KING OF SPORTS."-Howard Hill

Buford

#4 Post by Buford » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:58 pm

danrel wrote:how can I set an avatar on this chat board
go to profile and scroll down
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

Mick Smith

#5 Post by Mick Smith » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:34 pm

I've just finished watching Traditional Hunts 2 and overall, I've got to say, it's fantastic. The opening scene is incredible, as is the moose hunting segment involving the use of a canadian canoe. It's interesting to see how different some types bowhunting in the US is compared to Australia. In the DVD they hunted pigs from a tree blind situated near a feeding station. :shock: :)

I was a little disappointed with the mountain lion hunt where dogs were used to "tree" the animal and the unfortunate animal was basically executed at short range with an arrow, but apart from that, I found the DVD truly worth buying and viewing. 8)

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Mick Smith

#6 Post by Mick Smith » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:37 am

I must be getting senile in my old age. The DVD to which I was referring to above was actually "Traditional Adventures 2" and not "Traditional Hunts 2". :oops: Oh well ........

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Jim

Re:

#7 Post by Jim » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:53 pm

Mick Smith wrote:I was a little disappointed with the mountain lion hunt where dogs were used to "tree" the animal and the unfortunate animal was basically executed at short range with an arrow, but apart from that, I found the DVD truly worth buying and viewing. 8)
Mick, I thought the same thing the first time I read an article about a fella bowhunting mountain lions. So I wrote to him asking about it. To give some context, this fella has been living in either Montana or Alaska hunting big game for longer than I've been alive. He's hunted everything big, scary and hard to get to in N.A., Australia, Africa, all over the world. To summarise his comments, he reckons chasing his dogs as they chase a lion up and down mountains is easily the most physically demanding hunting he's ever experienced. He also said in all the decades he's spent in lion country, hunting other game, bird watching, fishing etc, he's seen exactly two lions. They're supernaturally sneaky. If you want to hunt them with a bow, you need dogs. It's still not a hunt I'd be interested in I don't think, but I have a different attitude towards it after reading his response.

Jim
"Structural Integrity of the entire arrow system is THE most important factor in terminal arrow performance. When structural integrity fails nothing else about your arrow's design matters."
-Doc Ashby