"Timeline" - The movie

of books, magazines, web sites, movies, whatever is concerned with Archery...

Moderator: Moderators

"Timeline" - The movie

#1 Post by Guest » Sun May 08, 2005 9:03 pm

Do you like medieval movies? Well if so you will probably enjoy this one.

The film "Timeline" is based on the book of the same name by Michael Crichton.

The basic premise is that a machine has been invented that can send people back in time, sounds familiar. Well, in this case we have a group of Archeologists go back to 1357 to rescue the Professor who got sent and back and is trapped. The catch is that the location is a castle/fortress that is about to be destroyed and they only have a short period of time to get back.

So, for the good point points - well you can sit back and enjoy the movie without having to exercise the brain cells to much. It has a number of good battles in it.

There is some great depictions of trebuchets hurling flaming jars of oil, (Actually that was the reason I was interested in the movie in the first place.) And to top it off we have a few archers chucked in.

Check out the assault on the castle at night with the flaming arrows. At the same time do not be to concerned with the "Night Arrows". Arrows painted black so you cannot see them at night? (Sounds good in the story).

On the down side - well apart from a few historical imnaccuracies there is not much. Just do not expect a deep drama.

This film is light entertainment and a great watch.

Hire it from your local video shop and enjoy it for what it is.

GrahameA

#2 Post by GrahameA » Sun May 08, 2005 9:05 pm

Re the above:

Now how did I mange to post as a guest when I was logged in? Magic I guess.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.