The Adventures of Robin Hood - Two Disc Special Edition

of books, magazines, web sites, movies, whatever is concerned with Archery...

Moderator: Moderators

GrahameA

The Adventures of Robin Hood - Two Disc Special Edition

#1 Post by GrahameA » Fri May 06, 2005 10:14 pm

As a starter this DVD is not available in Australia. I purchased my copy from Amazon and it was delivered with a week.

This is probably the definitive Robin Hood movie. Stars Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland and Basil Rathbone. And I would be surprised if anyone has not already seen it.

For this set the colours have been restored and it does look good. In addition it comes with a few extras including a Howard Hill short - "Cavalcade of Archery".

Plus you can have a vintage "Night at the Movies". Including shorts , newsreel, cartoon and the main feature.

In addition there is a stack of stuff on the making of the film and the history of Technicolor.

This is a definite recommend if you are interested in film or just want a great "Robin Hood Movie".
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

erron

#2 Post by erron » Sun May 08, 2005 8:20 pm

Plus you can have a vintage "Night at the Movies". Including shorts , newsreel, cartoon and the main feature
- now that's the sort of thing I think DVD's do well, and I will definitely buy this CD, thanks for the heads up!

8)

Erron