"Cape York" - Tusker Productions

of books, magazines, web sites, movies, whatever is concerned with Archery...

Moderator: Moderators

Jack Spinks

"Cape York" - Tusker Productions

#1 Post by Jack Spinks » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:16 pm

Hey Guys

For as long as I've loved bowhunting I have always loved the films John and Carol Teitzel from Tusker productions have released. Pretty sure that every Christmas stocking and every birthday had a Tusker DVD somewhere in it. I simply got to the stage where I had every copy and waited patiently until the next was released. A few short months ago I had the privilege of sitting around a camp fire with John and Carol at my family farm soaking up ever knowledgeable word they had to share. From the first conversation it was evident that they took pride in the videos they filmed and released successfully offering bowhunters around the world affordable, pure quality bowhunting videos.

I recently received the latest DVD released by Tusker productions 'Cape York', and its fair to say you wont be disappointed. Like the rest of John and Carols films the action puts you right in the front row, almost as if you were the one filming.. The footage filmed in Cape York in far North Queensland is crisp and clear and delivers a very enjoyable film along with some great tips and handy hints that leave you well educated after having watched it. A highlight of the film for me was the multiple stages where unbelievable footage was captured on film, I could explain these rare stages but that would ruin the surprise..Wouldn't it??

John takes his time to explain his actions throughout the film which gives the viewer a better understanding of what played out during the stalk. John captures some great four wheel driving and fishing footage as well as some exciting bow fishing action which had me glued to the screen. Another great aspect of the DVD is when John meets up with some very successful and well know bowhunters who share their hunts, knowledge and passion with the viewers, and also an Introduction into 'Clints Barefoot Bowhunting safaris'. So for those who are interested in hunting Cape York for toothy boars and bulls John already has you covered by introducing the viewer to a successful guided safari which is backed up by a few quality boars hitting the deck on film.

John and Carol once again have delivered a genuine pure bowhunting experience which for me is what its all about, what you see is what you get!! The way they interact with the audience helps illustrate the hunt from their perspective as best they can and really makes you feel like your there. For those that would like a copy which I highly recommend, there's some info below.
You wont be disappointed!!!

'Cape York' Tusker Productions - $30 Incl P&H
Available from:
http://www.bowhuntingaustralia.com
Ebay - Tusker Hunting DVDs
Or you can grab it from most archery stores.
Attachments
tusker.jpg
tusker.jpg (12.58 KiB) Viewed 5714 times
PSA Black Widow 68# - Samick Devastator 60# - Samick Squall 60# - Carbon Express heritage 350s - Ribteks, Woodsmans

" Puts anything down hard and fast"

Jim

Re: "Cape York" - Tusker Productions

#2 Post by Jim » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:37 pm

I just finished watching it too Jack. I don't think it's his best (he set that bar pretty high with the boars and barra series) but as he explains it's an extra challenge setting up a camera then stalking in the last bit for the shot, trying to keep it all in the frame when he doesn't have a hunting partner. I certainly think it was worth it for the pretty spectacular footage he caught though. It was also great seeing some game taken with a longbow.

I always buy the digital versions, they cost about $5 and you can just burn it to DVD to watch on your tv. And for $5 it is well and truly worth it. If anyone wants to see it, they published a trailer on youtube the other day:
http://youtu.be/4fV49THEDVg

Jim
"Structural Integrity of the entire arrow system is THE most important factor in terminal arrow performance. When structural integrity fails nothing else about your arrow's design matters."
-Doc Ashby