Book and DVD Recommendation

of books, magazines, web sites, movies, whatever is concerned with Archery...

Moderator: Moderators

Benny Nganabbarru

Book and DVD Recommendation

#1 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Just arrived in the mail today, so I haven't but flicked through the book. It looks fantastic! The DVD is also perhaps the most professional, nicely made I've seen.

The book is: "The African Diaries of Bob Eastman". It contains lots of recurve bows taking a variety of African game, big and small. The bows look to be Bears, but I could be wrong. A compound also makes an appearance, as well as a few rifles and a crossbow toward the end (presumably as Bob aged, but again I could be wrong). But the majority, as I flicked through, seemed to be traditional bowhunting.

The DVD is: "Outback Adventure - Hunting the Asian Water Buffalo" by Rainer Josch as part of his Buffalo Hunters series. Rainer is a German PH operating in Tanzania, but came to Australia to hunt a buffalo with his Robertson Stykbow recurve. Also featured on the DVD are rifle hunts from three other hunters. Rainer seems to be a top bloke, but if you've been a bit local to the Top End, and done a bit of buffalo hunting, you'll take some things with a grain of salt... but mostly it is a bloody great film!

Anyway, Safari Press is the place to get them.
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.