One piece Schafer.

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

Benny Nganabbarru

Re: One piece Schafer.

#31 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:22 pm

I will later this year, Andy. I'll tell you then. It's good to see one of my favourite bowyers gaining popularity in Australia.
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

AndyD

#32 Post by AndyD » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Is it a hassle to get a one piece shipped? How much was the shipping?
They are beautiful bows that's for sure.

I love the heft of them, the closeness of shelf and hand, and that rocked solid shot - it just spits out an arrow.
I just need to get out and blood 'em :roll: All work and no play makes Andy a dull boy
Common sense; so rare it should be considered a superpower.

stickshooter

#33 Post by stickshooter » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:42 pm

nice curve john,now she can out shoot ya too :lol:

Benny Nganabbarru

#34 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Shipping for one-piece bows is always expensive except from Howard Hill Archery and Black Widow, who have the best deals (US$115 and US$95 respectively). I am of the opinion that some bows are worth the extra cost, and it is soon forgotten.
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

Chase N. Nocks

#35 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:37 am

AndyD wrote:Is it a hassle to get a one piece shipped? How much was the shipping?
They are beautiful bows that's for sure.

I love the heft of them, the closeness of shelf and hand, and that rocked solid shot - it just spits out an arrow.
I just need to get out and blood 'em :roll: All work and no play makes Andy a dull boy
Ben is correct. Some places do better with shipping than others. Just ordered a TradTech Titan from the US and it was US$130 and that was for a takedown :shock: Then again it will be here in about 3 days, from the time it leaves Landcaster to my door.

Based on previous onepiece bows I've bought from the USA I reckon US$150-$200 is what you can expect. I reckon that the cost of freight has also increased dramatically in the last year or two and the savings are not what they used to be but still there.

Choosing between a T/D and one piece becomes a balancing act of extra bow cost vs freight. Other than a couple of extraordinary type one piece bows that I covet, most of my future bow purchases from overseas will be take downs. I think that the bow pictured in this topic would be one that is worth the extra freight cost.
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

John Valery

#36 Post by John Valery » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi stickshooter, she's been giving me a touch up for a while now :roll: Not that I'll admit that too often in front of her. 8) Shipping on that particular bow was $200us and change + import duties (For anything you bring in over $1000 if you insure it) Import duties were around 350ish from memory. I justify it by thinking, if she uses it for 10yrs its good value no matter what it cost. It's only expensive if it's hanging on the wall. (Where it won't fit anyway cause of all my bows on it :roll: ) It is a truly lovely bow, and quick, so I reckon I'll be right. Geneo up here shoots the takedown silver tip and I shoot the longbow, so it would be interesting to get them all together and have a bit of a play with a chronograph etc and see how they go. Someone might have one at the Muster.We'll see what happens.
If you ain't smilling, your anchor point's to low

Gringa Bows

#37 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:47 pm

John if no one else can bring one i can bring mine its pretty new so should be accurate,only trouble with it is it lies when it comes to my longbow speeds :shock: :mrgreen: ........Rod

John Valery

#38 Post by John Valery » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Must be an electrical glitch big Rod. My bathroom scales have a similar fault when I use them:roll:
If you ain't smilling, your anchor point's to low

Gringa Bows

#39 Post by Gringa Bows » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:55 pm

:lol: :lol:

kimall

#40 Post by kimall » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Rod do you know if yours go over 100 FPS?
If you need one that goes over 200 let me know John I will bring mine. :P
Cheers KIM

Gringa Bows

#41 Post by Gringa Bows » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:15 am

Kim,yours reads 100fps just by turning it on.. :lol: :mrgreen: ..............Rod