Why am I not LH... Bear B-Riser T/D

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

Cody Roiter

Why am I not LH... Bear B-Riser T/D

#1 Post by Cody Roiter » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Hey Guys, Here is a bow that was givin to me a few weeks back at an archery expo I went to.. One of my older friends walked up to me and said Hell a boy your age needs a good bow.. I have a bow here that I cant pull back and or shoot as I'm to old.. He hands me a 6 foot bow sock and said now dont open it intell later on when I'm gone as I dont want you to try and give me the bow back.. I was like what the heck kind of bow is it...

Well later one I said what the heck I'm going to open it.. and I pulled out this Bear T/D the riser is from 1997 and the limbs are 1970s white limbs.. But the bow is LH and I'm RH.. Now two thing I can do.. One try and shoot LH which I have been trying to do which is a pain in the but :roll: :roll: .. Or try and trade my LH riser for a RH riser also a big pain in the butt :cry: Because no one has a riser they want to trade.. I have had a few guys want to trade this wood riser for a mag riser.. But I think I'll hold out intell I can a B-Riser..

Later Guys,

Cody

Cody Roiter

Night Wing

Re: Why am I not LH... Bear B-Riser T/D

#2 Post by Night Wing » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:53 pm

That bow is worth a lot of money. :shock: If that bow was right handed with a B or C riser, I would buy it in a heartbeat. :twisted: The older low poundage Bear take down bows with the latch system are hard to find. A beautiful gift. If you let go of it, a left handed person is going to be a very lucky and happy person.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. SPD: 185 fps. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. SPD: 174 fps. GPP: 11.37

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by greybeard » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:04 pm

Hi Cody,

You have recieved a nice bow.

Can you learn to shoot it on the 'off' side as some cultures do? I believe Ishi used this style.

How about shooting it off the knuckle?

Regards,

Daryl.

From your posts it would appear that the USA is a virtual gold mine for older yet functional bows.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Gringa Bows

#4 Post by Gringa Bows » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:24 am

nice bow Cody,i'd be holding out till i got a right hand wood riser too..........Rod

Stephen Georgiou

#5 Post by Stephen Georgiou » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:23 pm

very nice cody,
I have a b riser custom kodiak 1972 with white night limbs and the original 60 lb@28" limbs and love it.
If you can get a right hand riser you will see how wonderful these bows really are. I love mine and would not part with it for any money.

There was a 1970's bear custom kodiak anniversary edition bow never been shot that sold for $8000.00USD on ebay a few years back. So don't give it away too cheaply.

good luck.
Stephen G.

Jeffro

#6 Post by Jeffro » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Hey cody I am a leftie.If you decide to sell it keep me in mind I would like the riser