Viper Long Bow made in Sydney?

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

janmad

Viper Long Bow made in Sydney?

#1 Post by janmad » Fri May 22, 2009 7:18 pm

Anyone heard about a Aussie made Long Bow called Viper, I was doing a search on the InterNature Viper Longbow when I found the following Bow, and they say it is made in Sydney, looks like a good alternatine to the InterNature one, anyone have any experience whit this bow?

http://www.pats-archery.com/index_files/Page2881.htm

longbow steve

Re: Viper Long Bow made in Sydney?

#2 Post by longbow steve » Fri May 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi Janmad, they are made by Jim Larven, ceo of Archery Australia. Seen a few but havent shot one. My concern is that it looks like you hand would ride up on the grip with that shape, try before you buy :) . Steve

hue

#3 Post by hue » Fri May 22, 2009 7:27 pm

hi Janmad

they had one for auction at a charity shoot i was at last weekend and they weren't "finished" very well.
made me worry about the laminations etc.
try googling "wildwood archery supplies" and Gavin will look after you. he sources most of his longbows from australia. he my take a little time to get back to you, he's still on holidays for another week

Hue
I can only be who I am

Sparra

#4 Post by Sparra » Fri May 22, 2009 8:07 pm

I had one for a while that I bought off Crowscreek...It shot well as far as I could tell but it was my first longbow so I had nothing to compare it to...When I took it to the Cape all the clear lifted off it,I guess from the heat but didn't seen to effect it's performance.

Cheers...Sparra
Cheers...Sparra

There is always someone doing it tougher than you...

janmad

#5 Post by janmad » Fri May 22, 2009 8:45 pm

Thanks for the feed back, I'm a beliver in try before buying and are cruising the net to see what's out there, and now I know why I haven't heard back from Wildwood, a auto reply on their web site would be good, I thought the didn't want to sell me a Bow (they look nice )

Blinkybill

#6 Post by Blinkybill » Fri May 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Hi Janmad!
My brothers have both got a viper bow and i think they are probably quite a good beginners bow, maybe, but as I dont really know much about longbows i cant say too much about them, except that the two that my brothers have are still working and they have had theirs for about 1 year and a bit.

Ben
Yer, I had a really cool name but someone stole it from me...