BLACK WIDOW

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

Sparra

BLACK WIDOW

#1 Post by Sparra » Sat May 16, 2009 7:37 am

G'day folks...I have been having a gander on the Black Widow web site and the only difference I can find between the PSA and the PMA recurves is the handle length...Can anyone tell me what the difference does (it's 2" in length)and is this the only difference between the 2 models...

Cheers...Sparra
Cheers...Sparra

There is always someone doing it tougher than you...

GOLDGT

Re: BLACK WIDOW

#2 Post by GOLDGT » Sat May 16, 2009 8:00 am

Yes pretty much, The PSA they say is more suited to the instinctive shooter because of the smaller sight window, Where as the PMA with a sight wndow 2" longer might suit thoughs who shoot with the bow in more upright position and might like to bolt on sights ect. I will tell you next week I hope when my PMA arrives. Plus PSA draws further than PMA of same length.
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Sparra

#3 Post by Sparra » Sat May 16, 2009 8:20 am

Thanks for that,they don't seem to have too much info on the difference on there site,or I didn't find it..Much appreciated..

Cheers...Sparra
Cheers...Sparra

GOLDGT

#4 Post by GOLDGT » Sat May 16, 2009 11:13 am

This is off there site under FAQ

Q: “Which model should I choose?”

A: We try to base the answer to this question on what you are going to use your bow for. Hunting, target/3-D, recreation, etc. The PMA series is the “old naildriver” and is considered the best choice by our tournament shooters. Those of you who like to take the longer shots might want to look at the PMA. The PSA was designed due to the number of instinctive shooters in the market requiring a shorter hunting bow without using sights. The PSA is a good choice for most bowhunters. The PTF series is basically a one-piece version of the PSA and is favored by bowhunters due to its simplicity and light weight. The PSR recurve was designed with the romance of the 50’s. It's short and maneuverable for blind or tree stand hunting. It has the exact same grip and riser as our PL longbow, which makes it unbelievably easy to switch back and forth between these two bows. Finally, the PL. It is one of the smoothest longbows you will ever shoot and the transaction from a recurve to this bow is as easy as it gets.

Cheers

Hamish
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Al Kidner

#5 Post by Al Kidner » Sat May 16, 2009 12:48 pm

I've had 3 PSAX now & I find their a better shooter for the riser length being that tad bit smaller. Good bows alround with a solid following and a solid following of people who what to say bad things about the bows and the company. Tall poppys really.

ak.

Sparra

#6 Post by Sparra » Sat May 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Thanks for the reply's...It makes the choice of which bow to get much easier but they just give you too many choices with regards to timbers etc...Now I have to try and organise funds and get it past my lovely wife....

Cheers...Sparra
Cheers...Sparra