A wild look'n set of arrows!

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

Mark

A wild look'n set of arrows!

#1 Post by Mark » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:00 pm

I've just today finished a project that I took over about 5 weeks with a year 3 class.
Their teacher did some back up stories etc but the main exercise was me helping them all to build an arrow each.
It was my son's class and with him as my offsider for about a 2 hour session a week we battled through the job.
It was a learning curve for all, including me! Great fun though and interesting to get a feel for their knowledge of bows and arrows - or the lack of it.
Ended up with a real colourful bunch of arrows! I just thought, I should have taken a photo of them. I was relieved to get them finished though as next week I am away for 3 weeks hunting in the N.T.

Mark

erron

#2 Post by erron » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:59 pm

Blimey, there goes another one off bush for a few weeks! Take me :(

Great thing to do with the kids. Pity about there being no photos, but then, you'll know next time, eh?

Hope you have a good hunt Mark, and let us know how it went when you get back :) Are you after anything specific?

Erron