My latest favourite timber

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

Mark

My latest favourite timber

#1 Post by Mark » Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:57 pm

I am just finishing off a couple of recurves with Burdekin Plum (not sure of spelling) in the riser and features. Don’t know if I fluked a special log but – what beautiful stuff! I know you have used it before Jeff but this is the first time I have seen it in a good sized, finished piece.

I have worked with some of the best, most figurative imported timbers now and I have to say that this Aussie timber is at least as attractive as any. It’s a personal thing, I know, but it gets my vote above the others I’ve worked with.

With these two bows the customers supplied their own timbers and I am on my knees for some more from them :D but would love to know if anyone knows of a supplier with some well-seasoned Burdekin Plum.

Mark K.

erron

#2 Post by erron » Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:08 pm

Mark:

PHOTOS, WE WANT PHOTOS! :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

Seriously, if you can post some, that would be great, or send them to me (assuming you have them) and I'll put them up here!

cheers,

Erron

Mark

#3 Post by Mark » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:09 pm

Maybe to say that it is the "most attractive" is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to being surprised at how nice it came up, I wasn't expecting it. It is definately "one of the" most attractive timbers though.

I will post a photo when the next film is developed Erron (havn't got a digital yet).

Mark.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:24 pm

G'day Mark,

That's good news. It sure is pretty if you get good quality wood. I'm not sure who would have some for sale. I haven't seen the fella who knew of a good supply. If I see him I will have to ask him for you. Jeff