new camo by blackfoot designs

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

dave g

#1 Post by dave g » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:14 pm

Hi there everybody. I have been working for quite some time now on a camo pattern designed for Oz. As we all should know by now " breakup " patterns outperform all the others & Blackfoot Breakup is therefore a breakup pattern. Although green is not a neccesity in a camo I have intentionally used a green to give the many different hunters out there what they want.... & they want green in there camo :!: :!: At this stage it will be available in all our 100% cotton clothing range & your comments would be greatly appreciated. I have trialed Blackfoot Breakup in the field & it is very, very good :D :D :D I will try to attach pics for you to look at , although if they are not there :oops: I will try again, I'm not a whiz on the eletronic box..... hey you can't be good at everything
Dave Greig
Blackfoot Designs
Attachments
colour camo.jpg
colour camo.jpg (68.67 KiB) Viewed 5266 times

dave g

#2 Post by dave g » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:33 pm

An in the field photo for you to look at. I will attach another photo tomorrow revealing where it is ... just in case you can't find it. " It " is a piece of cloth measuring 1500mm + 750mm. I'm out of time for tonight :roll:
Dave Greig
Blackfoot Designs
Attachments
in the field.jpg
in the field.jpg (177.93 KiB) Viewed 5264 times

erron

#3 Post by erron » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:43 pm

Okay, I just failed "Where in the world is Dave Greig"!

Interesting design up close where you can see it, Dave :)

Erron

Griffo

#4 Post by Griffo » Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:32 pm

I reckon it's there!...
Attachments
Blackfoot ...in_the_field.jpg
Blackfoot ...in_the_field.jpg (78.62 KiB) Viewed 5243 times

dave g

#5 Post by dave g » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:16 pm

Hey it must be good if you guys couldn't find it. I do admit that the photo is a tad dark :oops: so I have lightened this next shot & revealed all!!! I am not in this shot.... hanging is a 1500mm + 750 rectangle of cloth.... I guess a person would blend in even better due to your shape. The sample cloth was straight out of the mail bag & into the bush. I will post some more shots ( of people wearing gear ) as soon as possible to give you the full picture. You were pretty close Griffo :!: :!: :!:
Dave Greig
Blackfoot Designs

erron

#6 Post by erron » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:00 pm

I will post some more shots ( of people wearing gear )
- and I should hope so, this is a family site, y'know! :shock: :lol:

Would love to see a whole suit of the stuff, Dave. I've never owned camo, myself. How much would a set of this stuff cost?

Erron

Glenn Newell

#7 Post by Glenn Newell » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:06 pm

I like that pattern Dave, will be looking foward to seeing more photos of the clothes.

Griffo

#8 Post by Griffo » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:12 pm

I don't seem to be able to load the latest image you've put up Dave, what's doin? :?: :?: :?:

Luke :cry:

erron

#9 Post by erron » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:32 pm

Damn, that's my fault, I think. I deleted the second post of the double post Dave made, and inadvertently deleted the graphic. :o

Sorry Dave, can you repost it?

:oops:

Erron

comanche

#10 Post by comanche » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:39 pm

I must say that looks alot like preditor camo, nice effect though.

Danny
"It matters not which eye is dominant when shooting instinctivly"

Dr. Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

Mr_X

#11 Post by Mr_X » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:26 am

I must say that looks alot like preditor camo, nice effect though.
Yeah, but as long as its cheaper, its a winner.

Please post more pics guys (you can post some too Griffo, I always love seeing that ASAT stuff)

How bout we start a camo picture area. (unless its a lame idea)

ozlongbow

#12 Post by ozlongbow » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:18 pm

daveg
Any plans to produce anything with that 3D leafy effect?
Lindsay

erron

#13 Post by erron » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:57 pm

How bout we start a camo picture area. (unless its a lame idea)
- not at all, depending on the interest. I've been toying with the idea of a general 'equipment' vendor's area or forum, but it depends on the feedback I get from the people who'd showcase there.

Erron

dave g

#14 Post by dave g » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:58 pm

Hi everybody, sorry for the delay in posting the revealed picture of the Blackfoot Breakup camo. I was on the road doing shows & catching up with that talented knife maker Pete Jenson. Anyhow I'll try again ( please leave this one for the folks to see Erron :? :? To answer the 3D question Lindsay..... I am so flat out at present with what I have going it's not even on the drawing board :idea: :idea: although it's a great idea & if you particularily wanted a 3D siut I could do it for you.... anythings possible at Blackfoot :lol: :lol: :lol: I might just add that even wearing a plain outfit you might be surprized at the way game will walk right up to you..... you can dissappear without 3D :!: :!: Pricing will remain unchanged with the new camo, refer www.blackfoot.com.au. When designing Blackfoot Breakup I draw upon other existng patterns for design & modified these patterns to suit our conditions & our Oz hunters wishes. Yes it may be similar to Predator, but then it is quite individual in clothing, being not as " busy " as Pred. & lighter in colour overall..... all breakup patterns work the same so the base pattern design will ultimately be somewhat similar.
Good Hunting
Dave Greig
Blackfoot Designs
www.blackfoot.com.au
Attachments
revealed.jpg
revealed.jpg (176.39 KiB) Viewed 5137 times

dave g

#15 Post by dave g » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:01 pm

Hi everybody, sorry for the delay in posting the revealed picture of the Blackfoot Breakup camo. I was on the road doing shows & catching up with that talented knife maker Pete Jenson. Anyhow I'll try again ( please leave this one for the folks to see Erron :? :? To answer the 3D question Lindsay..... I am so flat out at present with what I have going it's not even on the drawing board :idea: :idea: although it's a great idea & if you particularily wanted a 3D siut I could do it for you.... anythings possible at Blackfoot :lol: :lol: :lol: I might just add that even wearing a plain outfit you might be surprized at the way game will walk right up to you..... you can dissappear without 3D :!: :!: Pricing will remain unchanged with the new camo, refer www.blackfoot.com.au. When designing Blackfoot Breakup I draw upon other existng patterns for design & modified these patterns to suit our conditions & our Oz hunters wishes. Yes it may be similar to Predator, but then it is quite individual in clothing, being not as " busy " as Pred. & lighter in colour overall..... all breakup patterns work the same so the base pattern design will ultimately be somewhat similar.
Good Hunting
Dave Greig
Blackfoot Designs
www.blackfoot.com.au
Attachments
revealed.jpg
revealed.jpg (176.39 KiB) Viewed 5136 times

erron

#16 Post by erron » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:46 pm

Okay, this time I won't even try to delete the duplicate post! :shock:

Dave, don't know if I mentioned it - or you covered it - but can you give us an idea of the pockets and so on that come with the gear? I'm just as interested in what I can conveniently carry as I am in the camo patterns themselves... is that a pedantic request? :)

cheers,

Erron