molinger longbows

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

matlock

molinger longbows

#1 Post by matlock » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:52 pm

any feedback on molinger longbows would be appreciated cheers

Timmah

#2 Post by Timmah » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:00 pm

Hey Matlock

So far my impressions of Molinjor have been very good. Chris is a very friendly fellow who is easy to deal with. He went through all of my options with me and recommended bow woods, nock options, handles & designs etc. He took into account things like shelf sizes to meet comp regulations (as mine will be used for target shooting) etc.

Chris also spent time explaining to me the process he uses for making selfbows and provided tips and tricks for making my own.

If you take a look under the bowyers section of this forum you will find a post about Molinjor. Also if you do a search there are numerous other postings (including one that Molinjor has joined in).

As I said in my other post I will provide more feedback and pics when my bow arrives.

Timmah

Mick Smith

#3 Post by Mick Smith » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:46 pm

There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Mick Smith

#4 Post by Mick Smith » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:52 pm

There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Mububban

#5 Post by Mububban » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:53 pm

One of my mates bought a ~28lb mini longbow for combat archery, and he loves it. He nailed me in the chest with it last time we played, and it seemed to transfer a decent amount of energy into the arrow :)

Timmah

#6 Post by Timmah » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:45 pm

My Molinjor longbow is here!!

Its finished beautifully, draws smooth and has no handshock! This thing is faster and hits harder then my recurve of the same poundage. Its brilliant. How much do i like this bow...well if its any indication I'm ordering another!

I took a few pics but they are rubbish. I will try and get some up soon. I'll need to take them in the daylight as my digital camera is not so great.

I had no problems trading with Molinjor. They shipped the bow in PVC pipe case which is really good for a day-to-day bow case. Total price for a hand made longbow and case + shipping across the country was $538 which to me is more then reasonable. I would much prefer to order from an aussie bowyer then from the U.S etc.

Cheers,
Tim

Mububban

#7 Post by Mububban » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:50 am

Timmah, what specific model did you order? Poundage and draw length etc? What sort of arrows do you use with it?

Look forward to the pics, and one day owning one myself......