Osage selfbow

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

flyonline

Osage selfbow

#1 Post by flyonline » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:50 pm

Finally finished off my first Osage selfbow from some timber I harvested a few years ago (and taken me 18 months to build). It's a little snakey and has a mild propeller twist in one limb but so far has shot fine. I've left it unfinished as it came in a little underweight (was aiming for 50#), so I may pike another inch off each limb and possibly use it as a test bed to steam in some reflex in the tips.

Currently 43# @ 28 and 66" NTN.

Yes, I'm aware it should be bending through the fades a little more and the right limb tip is a touch stiff :whistle:

Steve

Outbackdad
Site Admin

Re: Osage selfbow

#2 Post by Outbackdad » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:44 pm

Well done Steve. Nothing like shooting a bow you have made. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eddie

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:42 pm

Congrats on the bow mate; well done. Just to my eye that left limb seems to be bending too much just outside the handle. I hope you have many hours of fun shooting it.

Jeff

flyonline

#4 Post by flyonline » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:30 am

Thanks Gents, has been rewarding!

If I made it perfect Jeff, I could only go down after that so I had to leave some room for improvement :lol: :lol:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:03 am

flyonline wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:30 am If I made it perfect Jeff, I could only go down after that so I had to leave some room for improvement
Now that is so right mate. :lol:

Jeff