FOR THE LADIES.

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

FOR THE LADIES.

#1 Post by greybeard » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:29 pm

As you are probably aware there are very few [if any] bows specifically designed for ladies.

The ‘Horn Master’ http://www.hornmaster.com/ had sold some of my longbows and Danish flat bows through his stall at various medieval events.

After some discussions with John it was decided to produce a bow specifically for the ladies. After reworking the design I came up with a bow design of 64” n to n and in the 30 to 35# draw weight range at 26”.

Re designing the bow allows the bowyer to reduce the overall limb mass which aids in tip recovery.

Although the bows were designed to loose an arrow off the knuckle a shelf can be cut in if desired.

The bows were laid up on my reflexed longbow form.

To date there are four very happy ladies out there.

Daryl.
Ladies Danish Flat Bow Compilation.jpg
Ladies Danish Flat Bow Compilation.jpg (134.19 KiB) Viewed 4357 times
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

little arrows

Re: FOR THE LADIES.

#2 Post by little arrows » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:51 pm

that looks great Daryl - I'll just have to grow my arms a little longer or perhaps wait a few years till my poundage drops.. ;)

cheers
sue

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by greybeard » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi Sue,

The configuration of the bow can be modified to cater for shorter draw lengths and increased draw weights.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

rodlonq

#4 Post by rodlonq » Mon May 14, 2018 8:41 am

Interesting design Daryl.

sage

#5 Post by sage » Mon May 14, 2018 6:27 pm

If you need some one to test your bows, I’m available.