new Wide Mouth Nocks

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

perry

new Wide Mouth Nocks

#1 Post by perry » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Finally a commercially available Plastic Glue on Nock system designed to aid in Fast Shooting. This is nothing new as different Cultures around the World have been making Arrows from natural materials with this design Nock for thousands of years.

If you shoot with a Thumb Ring you will see the immediate advantage with these Nocks.

All you need to do for faster smoother Nocking when shooting with a Mediterranean Loose is to place the Arrow on the String by passing the Arrow between the String and the Bow as this allows you to bring your fingers back onto the string without turning your Hand, the wide Nock mouth will align itself and feed on smoothly. If you put the Arrow on the String by bringing the Arrow over the top as most of us do you are a little slower as you must rotate your Hand to grip the String after you put the Nock on the String. They will still be faster due to the wider Nock Mouth.

http://www.cinnabarbow.com/marinerbows/nocks.html

I'll be looking at trying these as soon as they are readily available for another reason. My Fingers do not function as well as they did and I have lost some feeling in them also due to my Back Injury. These Nocks will make things less of a fumble for me.

regards Perry
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin