Take Down Limp Slippers

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

flyonline

Take Down Limp Slippers

#1 Post by flyonline » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:14 pm

I'm in the process of grafting a set of samick sage limbs onto a nighthawk/lightning riser. The bolt and insert fits fine, but the riser has a pin intended for the nighthawk limbs, so I'm contemplating whether to cut the pin down and install a slipper for alignment, or to drill and insert a sheath for the pin in the limbs.

Slippers seem to be somewhat hard to get hold of, and by the time shipping etc. is added it's hardly worth it. I mocked up a glass one today and think it wouldn't be too hard to make up but just wanted to check if there were any other options out there, or I'm risking a blow up going with glass.

I think I want to stay with the slipper rather than the pin so I don't have to drill the limbs, plus I plan on making some other limbs for the same riser as well, so as long as they fit the slipper I'm good to go.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Steve

archerark

Re: Take Down Limp Slippers

#2 Post by archerark » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:29 am

I would be really careful doing anything with samick recurve limbs as a friend had a samick recurve and had 2 sets of limbs 1 after the other blow up around the bolt holes if I remember right 1 after the other so be careful I can`t remember which samick recurve it was

Stu Ballz

Re: Take Down Limp Slippers

#3 Post by Stu Ballz » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:04 pm

archerark wrote:I would be really careful doing anything with samick recurve limbs as a friend had a samick recurve and had 2 sets of limbs 1 after the other blow up around the bolt holes if I remember right 1 after the other so be careful I can`t remember which samick recurve it was
I wouldnt worry about that. I have sold over 500 genuine samick bows this year and had a return rate of less than 1%. Thats pretty good i recon.