New member introduction with a question.

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

Tutankhamun

New member introduction with a question.

#1 Post by Tutankhamun » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi to all members,
I have just joined this forum, and although I'm not into archery as a sport, I must admit it fascinates me somewhat.
This particular forum was suggested to me as a good source of information that I have been seeking on re-curve bows.

I have a cased bow/arrows/strings/fletches etc, etc, that has been handed down to me from my brother (deceased)

I am trying to get more information about it other than the small amount I have at the moment.

Description :

What appears to be hand written in fountain pen ink underneath the (?) epoxy coating is,

"White Bow" with what appears to be a coat of arms that depicts a single wing, and under that is the words "Wing Archery"

On the opposite side also apparently written in ink under the coating is as below,

90"
WA 1018
37 off

I have been told via another source that it may have been made in America by a person called Bob Lee.

Can any-one on this forum give me any further information on this ?

I don't have access to some of the photos of it at this moment in time, but will try to post some soon.
Regards, Ed

GrahameA

Re: New member introduction with a question.

#2 Post by GrahameA » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:00 am

Morning.

Take some photos and write an eMail seeking information from here.

http://www.bobleebows.net
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Tutankhamun

#3 Post by Tutankhamun » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Hi Graham,
Thanks heaps for your reply, it was most helpful.
I am going to email the Bob Lee people in the US of A

If what is written on the bow ( 37 off ) is correct, do you think that might be a "manufacture number of production" ?

I will endeavour to post the photos that I have taken of it, but don't hold your breath waiting.
I have had the devils job trying to deal with this forums page/s etc.
When first managing to sign up and get confirmed, I logged on and put up my original post.
Then I logged out, and when I returned to try and put up my photos, I couldn't log on because it wouldn't recognize my password.
Eventually I gave up, and clicked "Forgot Password"
I recieved a new temporary password, but it wouldn't recognize that either.
The same thing happened with a second temp password.
I finally got in tonight under a 3rd temp password.
Now I am in, I can't find any reference to being able to change the password to what I want.

So I will try to post my pics while I am in, but fear that once I log out, I wont be able to get back in.
It is all proving very tedious, and bothersome.

Thanks again for your reply, but if I disappear after tonite, you'll understand why.
Regards to all

Tutankhamun

#4 Post by Tutankhamun » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:46 pm

Well, I give up.
I uploaded 4 photos, and attached them to my 2nd post, but they didn't materialize.
I've never had trouble uploading photos on other forums.
:?

rodlonq

#5 Post by rodlonq » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:29 am

Hi Tut,

There are some limits on image size. Have a look at http://www.ozbow.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15077 .

Some of the answers you are looking for might be on this page. http://www.bobleebows.net/bob_lee_wing_archery.html

Cheers... Rod